Keyless Entry Button

OK the keyless entry system to my 197 was working fine, went to press the passenger side button today and nothing, wont lock, drivers side working fine, both open sensors are working fine, dont know what to check or what possibly could be wrong, any help/experiences appreciated.

JAM

I had a similar problem with the drivers side, I had to press it in and push it up for it to work. I got it sorted under warranty though. I have found that if you arent stood close enough it can cause problems sometimes.

I had a similar problem with the drivers side, I had to press it in and push it up for it to work. I got it sorted under warranty though. I have found that if you arent stood close enough it can cause problems sometimes.

Thanks mate Ill try that, car is now out of warranty :@!

Ill see how it goes and if not, its going back to dealer.

mine plays up everynow and then.
sometimes passenger side, sometimes drivers side.
try pressing the button really hard.
i wonder if damp gets in them.?

mine plays up everynow and then.
sometimes passenger side, sometimes drivers side.
try pressing the button really hard.
i wonder if damp gets in them.?

Yeah I only started using it recently, working perfect, its been like -2 and frosty so wondering that's partly to do with it, the button feels exactly the same on both sides, so I dont think the button itself is broke, perhaps the electrics :worried:

I've just bought a new handle/button off eBay(brand new)99p :smile:
it has a wire attached to it, so going to replace my driver side to see if it helps.

my one stopped working on the drivers side once. turned out when i wound down the window once, it got caught with a loose wire (which happened to be the one for the keyless entry) and pulled it out. thus stopping it working. luckily at the time it was under warranty, and so was fixed no probs. maybe something as simple as that to consider?

Last edited:
my one stopped working on the drivers side once. turned out when i wound down the window once, it got caught with a loose wire (which happened to be the one for the keyless entry) and pulled it out. thus stopping it working. luckily at the time it was under warranty, and so was fixed no probs. maybe something as simple as that to consider?

thanks mate, does anyone know how the doorcard comes off, to perhaps take a look at this?