Know im getting olde when......

dangerdaz

Platinum Member
I drop my 18yr old daughter at Heathrow on tuesday where she then flys off to Australia for a years working holiday alone!
Seems kids grow up real quick...

Where abouts in Oz is she going? I've relatives over in Adelaide, they've been there for about 20 years now and can't speak highly enough of the place... I just need to convince the missus that we should go too hahaha!!! Never been over to visit them, Dad doesn't like flying so it's a big ask for him. I think my Mum and sister will visit one day though and convince him to go over the next time they go.

Tell me about it mate I'm 49 next month and just about to have my second grandchild in July
No good giving them 10p for an ice cream is it lol

I'm sure she'll love it. See if you can get over for a week or so later in the year once she's settled.

I LOVED Perth way more than any of the other cities i visited while there last year with my friends on a working VISA.

Give her my following recommendations:

- The best nightlife (student'ish) is over the train station in Northbridge.
- Expect to pay $11/£7 per Pint in bars/pubs. Drink at home to save money.
- Aborigines (slang: Abbos) are aggresive when begging, avoid if at all possible.
- Visit: Freemantle (via train) for touristy stuff / Cottesloe (via train) for the beach / Kings Park (walk) for amazing views over Perth at night.

My 2 cents :smile:

Tell me about it, i had to do a double take and explain i only wanted 2 pints when that first sank in. Cheapest stuff is Australian grown wine nicknamed "Goon" that you can buy in supermarkets in 4L box cartons for next to nothing. Everything is more expensive unfortunately, which was a shock to us as well when you think of the stereotypes.

Due to the price of everything we ended up living on No-frills supermarket branded noodles, McDonalds (about on par with our prices and free wifi) and some restaurants that offered $10 steak meals (win). I probably knocked about 2yrs off my life with that diet...

Perth what a opportunity hope she enjoys it and hope you don't worry to much even though I know you will