koni sport suspension kit?

Dan_rs

Gold Member
hi people, have any of you fitted koni sport suspension kit, if so can anyone post a pic and give me any feed back on them? just wondering whether to buy a set or not

Don't know anyone that's fitted them to a clio but they are a good setup with the damper adjustability

i did have a quick look on the "the definitive what suspension do you have thread" but didn't see anyone with them, mostly coilovers. i would of bought a set of coilovers but i don't do track days very often so i don't see the point in spending loads of money lol
[h=3][/h]

I put some Koni yellow adjustable dampers on my old 182 with eibach pros. Really nice addition to the car for the money.

I have adjustable Koni dampers with H&R Supersport springs (the blue ones) on my 200.
The Konis were developed in conjunction with the H&R's.
It's a very impressive combo.

My car is on track on average twice a month & does daily road use 4 days a week.
The scope of adjustability gives you the best of both worlds & takes just a few seconds to adjust, so its the ideal setup for my situation.
I have them on full soft for road use (which is definitely more compliant than the stock cup suspension) & usually on 3/4 to full hard for the track (which is much stiffer/flatter than the stock cup setup).

The only reason I can see to go to a quality coilover setup would be for weight saving & for adjustable top mounts (I have the Powermax adjustable bushes fitted which gives about 1.5 degree neg camber).

RS200155_zpseb98a165.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2184_zps889f8664.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2181_zpscc51dcce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the info that's great, have you got a pic of your car from the side so I can see what sort of drop it is? Where did you get your top mounts too?

Thanks for the info that's great, have you got a pic of your car from the side so I can see what sort of drop it is? Where did you get your top mounts too?

Lowers the car about 20-30mm from cup height from memory, pics are in my build threat.
I have the standard top mounts, the lower Powerflex bushes I have fitted give about 1.5 degree neg.