Ktr or Itg filter?

hi guys,

im looking at buying either the KTR panel filter which is £35 or the ITG which is £50 is it worth spending the extra for the itg? or are they basically the same?

i know this sounds really cheap of me haha but im quite low on cash atm and trying to save for other stuff but fancy one

cheers

This might be in the wrong section.

Anyway, have you considered a Pipercross Panel Filter? I've used one in my TCE and now my 200.

Not had my car Dyno'ed so no idea on performance gains or if there are any.

stick to oem..my miles per galon went down after fitting my itg..not worth the money seriously..save it for an induction kit instead...

so do you all think i should just wait and get an induction kit at some stage?

In a nutshell yes. The only benefit to a replacement panel filter is that its doesn't need changing at service time. In the long run they do pay for themselves.

An induction kit is a much wiser purchase.

I'm selling my ktec induction kit if your interested next week currently in Ireland so won't have pictures till I'm home but it's in good condition

Any change in induction/exhaust that isn't mapped in will probably lose you some performance at some point in the rev range (and gain elsewhere) Not such a big problem on NA cars but a big one on turbo cars. Would be good to see dyno figures for panel filters/standard vs induction kits/ standard. But I guess it'd have to be the same rollers at the same temps on the same car and even then it's hard to be totally accurate to measure the difference.

If I don't end up getting an induction kit this month then I'll probably just do a panel filter and I'll be going for a remap so I could try and get a standard run, run with the high flow panel filter and then a final run with the map and post the results.

Kind of miss redline mag as they used to put all kinds of things to the test eg: different intercoolers on the same car same rollers same day etc

Last edited: