Lacquer

Hello everyone

Just need a bit if advice, the wheels which are on my car the lacquer had started to peal off which I'm assuming someone before me has painted over them, I'm trying to decide to either get them re painted gloss black with a silver flitter or get some new wheels all together.

Cheers

Simon

Look like oem wheels to me, go speak to a sympathetic dealer if its in warranty.

If the claim is upheld they may paint them any other colour you want.

Went out of warranty in November, spoke to a dealer and they basically said they wouldn't go through, and I won't use my local dealer because they are a bunch of idiots...

Wouldn't go through cause your out of warranty or because they are blaming you?

If its the former I'd give RUK customer services and you can go to any dealer.

If you going new wheels I'd suggest firing winter tyres to those.

If not I like them in those that have gone the gloss black route.

I agree, they look like standard anthracite wheels as fitted to all cup or cup packed cars. You'll probably find that wheels only have a 1 year warranty on them if you do go that route, I know they did on my last few cars. Gloss black looks good when clean but it marks very easily and shows every bit of dirt (I know this as I currently have gloss black speedlines).

If you get them painted there is always going to be a chance that it will start peeling again. If you get them powder-coated you shouldn't have to worry about that. the paints flaking off mine and I'm going to get them powder-coated. I had my old alloys done and they were faultless

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beany Body Work and Exterior Lights 5
Jesse James Detailing 0
Benmc Detailing 2
MrDrums Clio General Chat 6