Land Rover Series

I was fortunate enough to get a DA polisher for Christmas. I'll post some pics of the Clio detail when I actually get round to doing it.

In the mean time I've been busy in the garage preparing my other daily for the winter.

u9ysymyd.jpg

Is anyone else on here a fan of these classics? Or am I just a little bit too old for you lot. (At 26 years old.)

It's a '79 Land Rover Series III as the title suggests.

I love defenders, always looking at 90's! Sad that they are going to stop making them! Get some pics up of the series III

It gets well looked after but you are correct. It always needs something repaired.

I've recently acquired it from my dad after we spent about ten years restoring it.

I knew it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Just though I'd test the water.

I love the simplicity of it. If something goes wrong with it it is normally pretty clear what's broken and then it usually is just a case of bolting a new bit on.

ypu9aby6.jpg

upapenud.jpg

It's really useful for teaching yourself the basics of how a car works.

you will certainly learn how to fix things on them...its just they don't live up to their image of robustness if you know what I mean

enjoy :uk:

Looks like you have done a great job with the landy I always wanted to go green landing I might get one in the future lol

Land rover defenders are horrible to drive lol

Enjoy.

This is pre defender! Imagine a defender with no 'luxuries' and a cushion on a metal box as a seat and your half way there.

you will certainly learn how to fix things on them...its just they don't live up to their image of robustness if you know what I mean

enjoy :uk:

I have. I idea where that reputation comes from. When they do work they are pretty unstoppable though.ru2unazu.jpg

Looks like you have done a great job with the landy I always wanted to go green landing I might get one in the future lol

Thanks. It's had more work than I care to mention on a Clio forum but thanks for that.

I just though it would be interesting to show you lot what my other daily driver was.

That Landy looks great I am fortunate enough to work with them daily (work at the plant solihull) there still great

Nice one - love it.

Drove them in Scotland on a shoot. Basic, but amazing bit of kit, with mud up to the rock sliders nothing stopped it even pulling out a Ford Ranger...

Great turning circle.... not :001_unsure: