LED Number Plate Lights

MarcB

Paid Member
I bought a set of these for my Megan 175 Dci and I noticed that after 3/4 months they had went alot duller than when new so I had a quick look to notice that water gets into them rather badly.

As you can see these fit the MK3 clios also

LED%20007.gif

This one is was the worst out the two of them but as you can see the state of the lease and the water inside.

LED%20001.gif

I opened the other one up to see that a few of the LEDs where not working and some of the connecters where a little rusty.

LED%20002.gif

LED%20003.gif

LED%20004.gif

I have since bought a new set but I have popped a lump of grease into the pin connectors to stop the water running down and into the light.

Reactions: DS197
That's interesting as i've got the same ones and I was under the assumption they were sealed units. What's the best way to separate the glass/plastic from the rest of the unit?

That's interesting as i've got the same ones and I was under the assumption they were sealed units. What's the best way to separate the glass/plastic from the rest of the unit?

From looking at it the water has been getting in through the connector / pins.
There is 2 holes and then the two pins come out the holes and thats where the water was getting in on the Megane.

What I done is get some standard grease and put a good amount over the car connection and then a good amount into the part where the pins where to stop water getting in or corrosion.

I would also like to advise that these can be a pain to fit and when you put the OE connector on to the light unit the pins push themselves in and don't go into the connector. You need a pair of thin long nose pliers to pull the pins out and It will take more than one attempt.