Left hand drive Clio 197/200 owners

Clarki99

Paid Member
Speed Management Unit

I am finishing off stripping out my Clio 200.

In front of the gear lever under the plastic trim is a small box that is the speed management unit. I have removed it and the car seems to still run ok apart from ESP warning.

Does anybody know what this ECU exactly controls or has anybody else removed it and found any issues?

Satellite radio controls

I have a 2012 Clio 200 that has been a track car for a while and that I am in the final stages of fully stripping. I wanted to remove the remote radio controls from under the wiper stalk but it is one complete unit.

I noticed on CAE Racing website that they have pictures of a Mk3 Clio that they have fitted an Ultra Shifter to and that Clio doesn't have a radio or the remote radio controls...see link here, http://www.shop.cae-racing.de/index.php?a=123&lang=eng

The Clio looks like a Cup version as it doesn't have keyless entry, climate control etc however I thought that the Cup version still had a radio and the remote controls. I have emailed CAE for info but they weren't very helpful and I also asked on the Renaultsport forum but no reply yet.

Anybody got any ideas?.....perhaps the mainland Europe Cup cars didn't come with radio's etc but UK models did?

I posted a question a few days ago but got no response hence why posting in general section instead.

I am in final stages of stripping my Clio 200 and I wanted to remove the remote radio controls that sit under the wiper stalk but it is all one unit.

On the website of CAE Racing (see link below) I noticed the pictures of the Mk3 Clio they have are left hand drive and it has no radio or radio controls and key ignition not stop/start button. Does anybody know if this was something different for 197/200 Cup owners for mainland Europe as I cant find any record that radio delete was ever a UK option?

http://www.shop.cae-racing.de/index.php?a=123&lang=eng

I have tried asking CAE Racing for more information but they weren't very helpful.

Cheers,

Ian.

Moved this to the correct forum.

Generaly if your question doesn't get answered it means people don't know the answer to it...