Look What I Found On Autotrader...

SnapMonkey

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
My old Clio :'(

Now sat at Renault Hanley, misadvertised (hasn't got Recaros) and looking pretty sorry for itself. The brake disc looks f***ed now (not me) and the tyre looks underinflated. Expensive too.

LINKY

How the hell does someone make discs look like that? Mines almost twice the miles with plenty of hard use of the brakes and they look pristine in comparison....

not that they arent keen I dont think harpham, its that people simply cant afford to run them lol.

petrol,insurance,tax,if anything goes wrong etc... but thats what makes the cars fun lol

Like I used the 5 year service as an excuse to get me some black projector headlights haha

not that they arent keen I dont think harpham, its that people simply cant afford to run them lol.

Its a shame though tbh, as they're awesome cars.

Running costs kills me tbh, but id do anything to keep hold of it for the full 2 years of my pcp. Im not working at the minute either, as ive just finished Uni and still looking for full-time work (just do some casual hours, but hoping to get contracted soon). I just think to myself, that its too good a car to give up and I didnt buy it for it's cheapness to run.

Yeah I get it in my earhole from my partner a lot stating about how much it costs etc.

Yeah they are fantastic little cars, so much so its the longest Ive kept a car as I usually get bored easily, but everytime I hop into it, and go down some nice twisties in this area, I just think.... what car could possibly be as much fun to drive?

perhaps the discs are like that as its been washed and the discs have gone a bit rusty and havent had chance to get cleaned up....

as for the "recaros" can someone go and buy it and insist its supplied with them :wink:

perhaps the discs are like that as its been washed and the discs have gone a bit rusty and havent had chance to get cleaned up....

as for the "recaros" can someone go and buy it and insist its supplied with them :wink:

Yeah thats what it will be mine does the same very quickly too, do clean up though in less then a mile

Brakes look well used and abused, like they've had a bedding in procedure done on them

I'm not sure I completely agree that these cars are expensive to run, certainly for someone my age (21) the insurance is cheaper than 90% of other cars with similar performance and tax isn't any worse than something similar. Perhaps the mpg is slightly worse but it's not terrible.

I'm not sure I completely agree that these cars are expensive to run, certainly for someone my age (21) the insurance is cheaper than 90% of other cars with similar performance and tax isn't any worse than something similar. Perhaps the mpg is slightly worse but it's not terrible.

Type-r is 2 groups higher under the old system, another £400 to insure me on a 2 year older car than the Clio.

Glad I didn't make the mistake of getting an FD2, I wouldnt have fitted in with the crowd there either :wink:

i got my 200 non cup from them. wasn't that much!!!

also to cost thing, who buys a hot hatch of any kind and expects it to be cheap?

Last edited: