Looking to buy, based in Glasogw, anyone i can have a look about?

Hey,

Just changed jobs and have a commute that during winter will have snow and I think its time i part with my mx5,
so browsing about cars and thought about a 197,
checked insurance and it'll cost about £400 a year to insure,
Road tax isn't much more than my mx5 is just now.

Got a budget of up to £5k,

I've seen a few on auto trader and Pistonheads but wondering if there is anyone in Glasgow
who i can have a look round the car to see if I actually like the interior etc

I've looked at buyers guide and know I should get one which has just had belts done, to save that expense.

anything else?
Anyone live near me?

Cheers
Adam

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone from the area may be able to help you out. The Buyers' Guide is pretty comprehensive and covers all the main things to look out for.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome! Best to sign up and ask in the Scotland section. Was a good few Clios floating around Glasgow when I was at Uni. I'm of no use to you either sorry sold it a few months ago.

Hi and welcome.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. When you're ready for insurance if you wanted to private message me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

I live in Glasgow and there's a few 197's kicking about for sale quite often. Just need to catch them at the right time. Try joining a few sale pages on Facebook, keep your eye on autotrader (helps if you can travel, I went to fife to get mine). Hopefully you pick one up soon, will be good to see another 197 kicking around Glasgow!

Little bit out of budget but here's a few which are quite near:

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-car...aultsport-200-cup-3dr/2012/ref/arnak-u-557808 (My friend serviced it and said it's in brilliant condition. Much better than the condition of mine lol, wish I waited :@)

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-car...v-renaultsport-200-3dr/2010/ref/arn10d-u-4654

Good luck on the hunt.