Loud Buzzing from Deadlocking Mechanism

My 197 seems to have developed a problem in the passenger side locking mechanism.

On the second click of the the door handle or key button to deadlock the car, a loud grinding/buzzing noise is coming from the mechanism in the passenger side door. At present the door does still seem to be locking as normal.

I'm guessing this can't be good for the health of the locking system long term, would it be an easy thing to replace if I can get hold of a spare locking mechanism? Or alternatively what would the approx cost of getting it fixed be? .. I assume it means there is some problem with the solenoid?

The noise is identical to that in the video posted on this thread: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?25618-Noise-when-locking&highlight=deadlock

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Cheers.

I have this exact problem! Haven't a clue what it is! But if you find out I'd love to know what it is! Good to know I'm not the only one with it!

knackard solenoid, i was told, replaced mine with a new unit from the breakers. abit of a tight job if doing yourself

yeh had a loud buzzing vibrating noise on deadlocking the car, started off doing it now and again, then it just did all the time. i contacted renparts, and they sent me out a second hand part, think it cost me £30. its just a ******* to get out the gap in the door as there a supporting bar in the way to do with the window mechanism, and fiddly to to get the cable/spring on the door handle, but i did do it with the handle still in place, as i beleive the handle can be removed from the door by removing a gromet and small screw in the door, which i didnt know at the time

Thanks for the help..

Has been locking as normal for a few days now, so fingers crossed it doesn't come back.. but if its the solenoid that is on its way out then that doesn't seem likely.

While I was waiting for a reply I cleaned out out the locking mech and spunked a bit of WD40 into in as my mechanic always greases them up when giving it a service and I thought that given it was only serviced a fortnight ago it might be related.

Given the nature of the fault i can't see how this would have done anything but it does seem ok for the moment.

Its not the solenoid at fault, it what evers holding it in place inside the unit, causing it to drop and not deadlock properly causing it to buzz