LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

It is a shame rob, its a great kit and i'll miss the noise a lot! But i've got a really good opportunity with this and it will be brutal!

I've dived into the unknown with the charger and im happy with what i achieved with it.

Care to divulge as to what JamSport have done?

Car is epic either way. Looked so good in person. Wish i had a ride out in it mind!

It is a shame rob, its a great kit and i'll miss the noise a lot! But i've got a really good opportunity with this and it will be brutal!

I've dived into the unknown with the charger and im happy with what i achieved with it.

Defo hats off to you for taking this on in the first place, takes some balls to dive into unknown territory and come out with such fantastic results.

Havinh said that after owning the 265 for a year now I can confirm turbo power is totally addictive!

Turbo's are great, I've always said they are different drives. On track the power delivery was fantastic. This is just a change for me, i fancy a big ballsy turbo lol! There is a big back story behind this and like a said this opportunity has come up much like the charger did and its to good to turn down for the results i'll get. Its basically the same as shakey's clio which is epic, only difference is i dont have is tasty manifold or turbo, im having a 225 one with a hybrid turbo. But the rest of the car is built, fully forged engine and fuel system, its gonna be a proper brute lol!

250 turbo is a good alternative to a 225 hybrid ( larger compressor housing ) and may be had cheaper if you find someone breaking one? I think the 225 hybrids are like £700+?

If required you can get a cometic gasket to drop the compression down a bit as they sell a selection of thicknesses -Andy

Cheers andy! :smile: I'll find out if its been done or not! They are yes mate, but thats not what I got it for lol :wink:

Well I've not done an update for a while so i better log all of this years events.

The car got hit last november and was due to be repaired on 13th of Jan. Drove the car to the mrs house 2 days before, didnt want to start but when it did i had a great drive over. Mint.

Until the next day, went to start it, and would it? Would it f**k!

It was just cranking, no fuel pump noise at all! I have an external 2nd pump that is very noisy so you cant miss it really.

So Ste from SC autos very kindly drove drown from bolton to fix it and take it back with him to fix my fuel system and put standalone management and map it!

Fixed in 15 mins, turns out jamsport wired the thing up with what ever wire was lying about and put it together blind folded and charged me 1k for the privilage.
I introduce the culprit....a fues bodged near the battery that set fire!! It was hooked up to the fuel system!
IMG_0596.jpg

I was already furious with jamsport. They charged me £300 for cheap **** coils and plugs, plugs which i later found out to be from a ford! A total value from euro parts of £140. They also wanted to charge me £800 for an oil cooler....nope.

My dash was lit up like a christmas tree, fuel gauge never worked properly since the conversion and the map was frankly poor! And was over fuelling massively! Their power claims of 360 were also far from it, I'd bet my car it was never over 300!

So i ended up having a massive fall out and thats the end of my venture with those cowboys, de stickered, charger off, ready to start again.

So the original intention was to sort out their mess and continue the S/charged route. However we thought as the engine is completely forged and has a fuel system, its ready to have a lot of power run through it, so i decided i wanted to go the turbo route. After driving litchys, and Quicks car off here i was swayed! The power is immense and they drive better than standard.

So now it has a meg hybrid turbo, 3" hard pipe kit and new bigger intercooler, 250 inlet and TB, 197 cams, new 630cc injectors because JS decided to put in ford RS 650 injectors and drill my fuel rail to make them fit!!

Ste said is soon as he opened the block it STANK of fuel, fuel system was leaking for the 2nd time, and the wiring for the ecu and fuel system was frankly a joke!

So now everything has been tidyed up, refreshed and runs an R26 ecu. I've also got myself a greddy boost controller to put in. The car is finished and built not mapped fully as its currently in the body shop getting sorted. Then back to Ste's to map and make it fast! He said when he ran 24psi it was unreal! But he only let me take it home running 6psi lol!So it wont be long.

My akrapovic is now dead silent, the only thing you can hear is turbo chatter (at my request:wink:, which is cool in some ways because its now a true sleeper, on the motorway its like standard lol!! Hard pipe kit is in yellow, and cooler in black.

I've got a few pics of the build, but ill update soon with more progress! Big thanks to SC auto's, great bunch of guys and very honest!

IMG_1501.jpg
IMG_1524.jpg
IMG_1490.gif
IMG_1484.gif
IMG_1480.gif
IMG_1477.jpg
IMG_1473.jpg
IMG_1472.jpg

Hoping for about 330/50 bhp and similar torque :smile: Limited to the turbo really, but not bothered, will be enough lol!

pleased for you mate :smile:, finally where u want it, we'll almost.
Told u SteC was the man :smile:, shame is soo ****ing far away lol

Looks awesome mike.

I was going to get that boost controller but Ste took the piss out of me lol I wanted it because it looked the nuts...ended up with a different one.

I hear your car has been holding up mine....so I blame you for me not being able to collect it lol :-p

And that's pisspoor from jamsport as well.

I thought they were reputable, look like a bunch of cowboys.

And that's pisspoor from jamsport as well.

I thought they were reputable, look like a bunch of cowboys.

you have a laugh? dunno why people think that. just Google them. lol
make u think about other cars that they have supercharged

Looks awesome mike.

I was going to get that boost controller but Ste took the piss out of me lol I wanted it because it looked the nuts...ended up with a different one.

I hear your car has been holding up mine....so I blame you for me not being able to collect it lol :-p

Man up and stick to your guns lol! Dont let that northern monkey bully you :wink:

Mind you it worked on me, a simple ecu and map turned into a turbo conversion....c**t pmsl!!

You wait your turn, mines been there a while lol!

Its so bad of them, it was just a mess! We had an issue with the throttle sticking because it was some wiring from them! We spent 5 hours trying to source it!!!!

Also the guy with the AG SC 200 had to go to RS tuning because of 6 months of the conversion not running right! Paul then did it all on standard ECU and mapped it much better in 1 day! He showed me JS's afr reading and they were shocking!!!!! I mean shocking! Always wondered why so many people went to SCC in the ford scene. I know so many stories about them, better not put them on here in case the 'spy' is watching me ready to go back to the chief and cause me some more grief.