megane 225 conversion what gearbox to use?

hi everyone
im after a bit of advice from people in the know if possible please
i am going to put a megane 225 engine into my 2006 albi blue 197
im just wondering about the pros and cons of using the Clio gearbox against the megane box?
i have a 200 gearbox from a 10700 mile 2010 car sat in my workshop but i also have the gearbox that came with the megane engine along with a nearly new dmf clutch set up.
i don't have the megane drive shafts as yet but don't really see any problems sourcing some of those.
the question is which gearbox box to use and which clutch set up?
any help or advice will much appreciated
cheers

Think most people put the meg gearboxes in them. The clio has shorter ratios compared to the megane.

Meg box sits at about 2300 revs at 70 from memory.

Obviously a bit more expensive to put the meg box in as well.

I run the meg box too, as you say longer ratios, which for everyday stuff makes the car friendlier to use. The Clio box makes the car more racey as you would constantly be changing gear. I like the fact that with the Meg box you can poodle along, plant the throttle if needed and it just leaves other cars behind.

Which ever box you do go for though, make sure you fit a diff as it's worth every penny!

Both are great options, just depends what sort of roads you normally drive.. If motorway and dual carriageway def Meg box.. A's and B's clio box

thanks for all of the advice guys
when its finished the car will mostly be for weekend use as i have a diesel focus for using in the week to do the work thing so im leaning more towards the clio box now as its all country lanes and back roads around here!
can anyone say which clutch i should go with?
i have the flywheel and clutch from the 200 and the same from the megane but the megane is dmf set up (both clutches are nearly new) it would stand to reason that the meg clutch would handle more power? but will dmf set up fit the clio gearbox?