Megane 250cup replacement?

Had my Megane for just over a year now and starting to think about replacing it with something non renault for once

It's a lovely car I'm just a little bored of it now and it was never really as fun as my 182 because I look after this much better

What sort of things are worth considering for similar money or less, also with similar running costs (only 21 so no m3)

I've had 2 182s, r26, 200cup and this 250

Price range dependancy? Wanting to stay Renault?

What about a Clio V6? Or you could get a raider?

Lots of options moving manufacturers though.

I've test driven an s2000 and it was a lovely car but just an awkward driving position imo, could also do with a little more space really although not essential

I'd love a vee but ideally want to move away from renault for a bit first

And hated my time with the 200 (gearbox) so the raider, although beautiful, probably isn't on the shortlist

I think your at the top of your game with regards of performance car Value for Money.

If you were willing to pay out more then a Mk2 focus Rs.

Older porsche Cayman maybe if you want to spend less?

I think your at the top of your game with regards of performance car Value for Money.

If you were willing to pay out more then a Mk2 focus Rs.

Older porsche Cayman maybe if you want to spend less?

I'd agree with Gez here...for the money its hard to beat. Even a mk2 FRS i wouldn't say is a step up (they do sound great though).
I was looking recently, TTRS, M3, A45 AMG, your talking alot more £ but just don't seem as special/rare..

For me if the Trophy goes then it would be to get a 182 and motorbike.

Not easy, I've got even tighter in my old age too. The price of cars has gone crazy in my opinion. Yep lots of cars but your talking 35 - 40k plus. I'm not even talking special cars, Amg A45 and Golf R spring to mind. I'm sorry irrespective of whether it comes down to affordability, the worlds gone mad.

i'll have the previous Rs6, when they drop to around 20k.

Last edited: