Megane engined Clio.

I would hazard a guess that they are an acquired taste - the majority of potential Clio RS owners may not know a great deal about the conversion/are not interested in having a non-standard engine, and so would be reluctant to buy one that's been done. Similar to any heavily modified car - it's a car that's been personalised and thus might not appeal to a wide range of buyers.

As said above, niche market. It was the same on the Type R forums when I had my Civic. Plenty of Supercharged EP3s running 300-310bhp that were well done and looked after but they just didn't seem to sell for the price the buyer was trying to achieve. Most ended up accepting defeat and selling the parts off instead, often making far more money in the process.

Is also concerns over maintaining them being as they are not oem, the megane conversions have always had a few little niggles that unless you know what you are doing, would be a worry for me (for example the overheating issues a lot of them seem to have)!

I would only contemplate one; if done by the very best guys in the business and with an ultra low mile engine, running sensible boost.

Anything home
Is also concerns over maintaining them being as they are not oem, the megane conversions have always had a few little niggles that unless you know what you are doing, would be a worry for me (for example the overheating issues a lot of them seem to have)!

I have to agree. I wouldn't consider unless carried out by the best in the business, using the very best tested parts and using a known history low mileage lump.

Otherwise its going to turn into an on-going project and become a hobby not a toy.

I think advertising them on a Clio website restricts the audience a bit... Those who have clios won't want to buy clios... That makes sense in my head lol.

Joe public will look on auto trader, eBay, scumtree and piston heads at a push for a 'Clio sport' and probably wouldn't think to join a forum and browse the classifieds.

As much as I'd love a megged Clio, I don't think I could sell mine to get one... Just because I know my car and I don't know the standard of the conversion, so it'd be a gamble.

That said, if/when I sell the Clio and inevitably come back, as everyone does, I'd be straight on here looking for a boosted one.

litchy's and cro's boosted r27s are absolutely perfect, but I'd have to be buying a Clio rather than selling/swapping to have one of them

I'd say it's also to do with the price. I know the conversion isn't cheap, but you can't expect to get a fair amount of money back when selling.

Also a lot of these conversions now are poorly done with corners cut, puts people off buying them tbh. I know I wouldn't buy one, I'd like to do all the work myself to make sure it's done correctly.

The car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. There won't be many people out there willing to pay £8-£11k on a modified Clio 197/200, no disrespect to anyone trying to sell their turbo'd Clio but that's just the way it is. The only way your going to get a decent return and stand any chance of getting your money back, at least partially, is to split and sell as parts.

Reactions: DS197
I have an R26, 288/310, and have been looking for a meg engine Clio for quite a while, and of the 3 for sale on
The car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. There won't be many people out there willing to pay £8-£11k on a modified Clio 197/200, no disrespect to anyone trying to sell their turbo'd Clio but that's just the way it is. The only way your going to get a decent return and stand any chance of getting your money back, at least partially, is to split and sell as parts.
The price of these ones on here certainly put me off, but good luck to the sellers.