Micah's Deep Black 200

hmm, alcantara ... mucho like. :thumb:

Full alcantara is the way forward and not as difficult to keep clean as people make out ...

what's the best way to keep it clean? would love an alcantara wheel, but would hate to see it deteriorate quickly.

what's the best way to keep it clean? would love an alcantara wheel, but would hate to see it deteriorate quickly.

Peter, I have a full alcantara wheel on my car, never done anything to it in five years. It's not as fluffy as it was but still looks awesome.

Although I never get in the car with dirty hands.

Reactions: Pav and peter
I know the retrims aren't 'expensive'..... but you surely want to show them off to the fullest. And the area the badge covers - has the most visually appealing stitching.

Whacking the cheap, plastic RS badge over the top would be like getting Recaros trimmed in leather and then covering up with a cheap nylon cover...... :smile:

As always, you talk a lot of sense mate. I've even contemplated getting that little "hole" at the bottom filled and then covered with alcantara like the rest of the wheel and an R27 logo stitched into it.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Totally agree also Shuv, it's the real deal and I want the whole thing on show to appreciate Jack's work. As Mes would say, OEM+ [emoji6]

Totally agree also Shuv, it's the real deal and I want the whole thing on show to appreciate Jack's work. As Mes would say, OEM+ [emoji6]

You still both missed the self-mockery portion of my post though !

Being serious for 2 seconds:

Putting that cheap plastic RS badge on one of jacks retrims is like slapping a Tescos savers fried egg atop the finest slab of Kobe beef.....

'FREE' THE STITCHING !

Putting that cheap plastic RS badge on one of jacks retrims is like slapping a Tescos savers fried egg atop the finest slab of Kobe beef.....

'FREE' THE STITCHING !

Ha. Not lost on me mate. There will be no covers on ours though!!! We've only done about 7k miles in two years so they're not going to see much action.

I do agree about the trim though. Although we have one (came with it) I think it looks better without.

'FREE' THE STITCHING !

Eggs is eggs [emoji16]

A steam cleaner and microfibre, you can get decent handheld steam cleaners quite cheap these days. Once you've steamed an area just rub it vigorously with a microfibre, if you use a light coloured microfibre you'll literally be able to see the amount of dirt you're cleaning off.

Reactions: peter and ///M
Just caught up with this thread. Love the seats and steering wheel. :thumb: I have used Black Hole in the past with great results also.

Reactions: Micah
From experience, the RS steering wheel thingy doesn't fit a retrimmed wheel. Because Jack @ Royal trims over the old leather the wheel is chunkier. So the plastic trim breaks.

Ask me how I know :excited::oops:

From experience, the RS steering wheel thingy doesn't fit a retrimmed wheel. Because Jack @ Royal trims over the old leather the wheel is chunkier. So the plastic trim breaks.

Haha.

About the only point you could rightly criticise Jack on. I dont mind it the size it is. But they are of course very noticeably bigger. Slightly 'cheapskate' way of doing things.......

Mine went back on ok Martin...
Maybe a bit unlucky on your part?

Mine went back on ok Martin...
Maybe a bit unlucky on your part?

Yeah possibly. The thread was slightly damaged when I took it off. To be fair when I bought the car it had evidence of mods that had been removed so it wouldn't surprise me if it had a nice wheel on with the trim that had ended up stretching or something. Then when I tried to get it on my retrimmed wheel it finished the thread off.

Having checked the tyre pressures on Friday afternoon, I was shocked to find that the wheels were actually grey with dirt and not the dark anthracite I paid to have them done in!
The rest of the car was equally as shocking, so this morning I set about with the snow foam. It makes a noticeable difference when you go on to wash it as normal. Then some quick detailer and various dressings and it was back to looking as it should.

4bf52a53d8e3b93c349c66de08cacf1b.jpg

As my brakes aren't ready for fitting until next weekend now, I decided to kill some time this afternoon and fit the new steering wheel. I disconnected the battery for half an hour and set about wrenching the airbag module off. It takes a bit of force, and definitely worth turning the wheel 180 degrees. I'm amazed I managed to do it to be honest. That moment when you put the new wheel on is very special. It's a work of art and I'm definitely not putting the RenaultSport insert onto it. The picture makes it look superimposed!

283158e38a5cb06bdf640b94d68cddfa.jpg

I've not driven the car yet as I had to make dinner, so will get to try tomorrow. I did start the car up and turn it lock to lock to make sure nothing got caught when I put the module back in - so far so good!

Interiors looking well mate.One thing bugging me those indicator bulbs,sorry just my OCD kicking in.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Micah
Interiors looking well mate.One thing bugging me those indicator bulbs,sorry just my OCD kicking in.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Fair point mate! I always fail to notice them myself [emoji14]

Looks fabulous buddy ! Good call on no RENAULT sport badge either.

An easy way to spoil Jacks work IMO and it's not until you see the stitching in all its glory and in person you realise why it's the right thing to do :smile:

Good luck putting it back together.....

As said above, interior (&exterior) is looking great!
I'm jealous that you managed to do your own steering wheel. Makes me feel a bit of a wuss that I didn't do mine:grinning: