Michelin pilot 3

nicfred

Gold Member
A new ruling for the Michelin Clio road series is that you must have new tyres for each meeting, 2 for the front. so after each round i will be looking to sell my tyres that will only have been used for 2 races of 25 mins long and a qualifying sesssion.
If anyones interested just get in touch, obviously until ive used them i cant get you pictures, prices etc.

[MENTION=7546]nicfred[/MENTION] keep me informed.

215/45-17 or 225/45-17?

Road tyres for racing?? 25 mins each time? They'll go off ****in quick!?

Tbh the Michelin PS3 has proven to be a very good tyre, even on track, hence they're prices

Ps3's aren't really a sporty tyre though. They don't follow on from the ps2 but follow on from the old exalto, so more of a generic road tyre.
Bit of an odd choice IMO if being used on track.

Ps3's aren't really a sporty tyre though. They don't follow on from the ps2 but follow on from the old exalto, so more of a generic road tyre.
Bit of an odd choice IMO if being used on track.

Umm according to Michelin, the PS3 out performed the old PS2. The PS3 has the same dry weather performance as a PS2 but greatly increased wet weather performance which is what let the PS2 down. You are correct in that it replaced the Exalto range, but it also is better than the old PS2. The PS2 was superseded by the Pilot Supersport. The Pilot Sport 3 is a very good tyre, giving more mpg and more life than the old tyre. I ran these when they first came out about 4 or 5 years ago, they replaced my PS2s and worked well on the track and on the road. I now have these on my summer wheels on the Clio, the only fault is when they are new is the tread is a bit too deep and they are a lot better when they get down to about 5mm or less as the tread moves around a bit. Would I buy again? Probably but they take a few thousand miles to really come in.

Umm according to Michelin, the PS3 out performed the old PS2. The PS3 has the same dry weather performance as a PS2 but greatly increased wet weather performance which is what let the PS2 down. You are correct in that it replaced the Exalto range, but it also is better than the old PS2. The PS2 was superseded by the Pilot Supersport. The Pilot Sport 3 is a very good tyre, giving more mpg and more life than the old tyre. I ran these when they first came out about 4 or 5 years ago, they replaced my PS2s and worked well on the track and on the road. I now have these on my summer wheels on the Clio, the only fault is when they are new is the tread is a bit too deep and they are a lot better when they get down to about 5mm or less as the tread moves around a bit. Would I buy again? Probably but they take a few thousand miles to really come in.

Do you work for Michelin? :tongueout:

Everything I've seen of it has said the dry grip is not the same though and no one seems to really rate the PS3 outside of Michelin literature. Not saying it's a terrible tyre just an odd one as a tyre on track.

Second this.

Great tyre, random track choice. Is it like a super stock type thing?