More comfy ride ?

Took my son and his mate to school this morning and my sons mate pointed out that the ride quality felt better in my new 200 from the first one. Its something I had noticed as well when I first started driving it. It doe not seem quite as stiff. Im not complaining as the car performs the same and still has zero body roll.....it just seems somehow more comfy. Both cars are cups. Checked the ride height on the new one and its the same as my first. So have they got more comfy? Is me and my sons mate just used to the overall stiffness of the car (my son reckons its just as stiff btw). Or should I give up on todays mini ocd about the ride quality !!! :smile: If anyone else has noticed the latest 200 cups seem a little less rocky to the very first ones (mine was one of the very first into the country as I got it just after they were released in 2009). Be interesting to know.

I had a 197 cup and now have a cupped 200....my partner thinks the 200 is stiffer and the 197 cup....infact the spec is consistent with that. I find it very similar.....

The 200 cup is stiffer than the 197 cup, so that would follow. I guess my question really would be, is it possible for them to have put a non cup chassis on a cup ? The car is a cup. so that's not in question. But could they have put the wrong shocks on ? I'm being paranoid I think !!!

It's probably better just because it's newer. When I put stiffer cup shocks on the ride quality was much better than the FF I took off and I think it was just cos it was new parts replacing part worn.

The 200 cup is stiffer than the 197 cup, so that would follow. I guess my question really would be, is it possible for them to have put a non cup chassis on a cup ? The car is a cup. so that's not in question. But could they have put the wrong shocks on ? I'm being paranoid I think !!!

...I see! I had a similar paranoia, but that was because Renault cocked my order up in the first place.....so I checked for signs that the calipers had been painted red after delivery! Nothing obvious. I also went into the show room and pushed a non-cupped car to compare with mine...and then decided I was just taking it too far and I would make myself ill!! The delivery note confirms cup suspension. I would have looked like a tit if I had questioned it!

...I see! I had a similar paranoia, but that was because Renault cocked my order up in the first place.....so I checked for signs that the calipers had been painted red after delivery! Nothing obvious. I also went into the show room and pushed a non-cupped car to compare with mine...and then decided I was just taking it too far and I would make myself ill!! The delivery note confirms cup suspension. I would have looked like a tit if I had questioned it!

I know ! Its so easy to let your paranoia run away with you. I think that's why I posted summat on here tbh. To try and get the stupid thought outta my head. Nothing about the car says it anything but a cup. Its not even. Cupped FF. Straight cup, so they are hardly likely to put the wrong shocks on my car.

Isn't the 200 meant to have shocks like the KONI FSD, i.e their stiffness changes depending on the load on them?

Well, I've just found out that the shocker used now are not the same as were used on the 200 at its first relaese. So there is a difference. My dealer is finding out why they changed them. Also to curb my paranoia are gonna check my current shocker set up.

Just loOk at the color of the stickers on the shock

On the FF 197 the fronts are pink and rear silver

If it's cuP the stickers are all orange. Probably similar on the 200

Cars are updated all the time, things change, build quality if found to be lacking might be upgraded the following year etc.

It wouldnt surprise me if the shocks are simply re-calibrated to operate better at low speed and be just the same at high speed.

The Cups use a double valve damper. Supposed to give a more supple ride whilst pootling about, then stiffen up the more they are compressed. However i'm sure all 200 Cups have them fitted?

Well they have orange stickers on the front for sure. Can't tell what's on the back cos of how the wheel obstructs the view, but pressume they are orange as well.