MPG: How high can you go?

After reading up on Hypermilling techniques i wanted to try them out. This is my effort today over 28 miles and mixed roads, between Leamington Spa and Sutton Coldfield. I think this is fairly respectable.

Tryes are at 2.4 and petrol is Sainsburys 97. Mileage is 16k.

712177b2.jpg

So what about the rest of you? Open challenge if you can do better in a 197/200 over a similar distance and route. Btw - every claim must be verified with a custard test photo and route map so we can all judge.

Webby the best I ever seen in mine was 56 on the way to Scotland doing 30 mph for about an hour an half due to congestion with the good lady driving

I get 38mpg regularly when I drive to tamworth, cruise at 65 on sixth gear, i find the best thing to do is anticipate when lights are going to change! Be great if it was easy to get 40+ on a motorway run, but suppose these cars were built for fun not for economy!!

trip is saying 32-33mpg ave

did a brim figure last week 34.7mpg and thats mainly "urban" use :worried:

*digs out old pictures from imageshack*

photo044n.jpg

34.4MPG, that was sat at 60mph the whole journey back after collecting the car with 8 miles on the clock :smiley:

35.7MPG in Scotland was my best!

How low you gonna go in Germany Webbbbyyyy????

Ha ha - I'm going to start a new craze of hypermilling around the ring!! Forget the 10 minute lap, it's all about the best mpg!! ;-)

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17