MX5 wtf?

Was out with my mate today in his 123d M Sport, he's not a bad driver and although a bit heavy the 123d is a damb quick, but this little MX5 2.0 Sport stuck right on our ass all the way from Stansted to Milton Keynes (on the back roads not the motorway).

I've driven one but always assumed a little underpowered with a range topping 160bhp.

Anyone had a play with one of these in the 197/200? did u smoke it?

yup yup yup had a play with one of these at the start of the M67 motorway towards hyde . . . . . . lets just say i spanked it. i think my car had only been mapped at that point too. think i would devostate them now.

Mx5 along with rx8s are designed for the twisties. I can't speak for the mx5 as much but my rx8 is 50:50 weight distribution and handles incredibly. It has the same lap round the top gear track as an m2 e46 so I would imagine the mx5 to be very similar (handling wise that is) which is why it would have stuck up the 123d ass

Danny

yer, i guess so.

Ive actualy booked a test drive as I found a place that does an ecu remap on them to 178bhp, which could be interesting.

Would have to do a hell of a lot to sway me from clio though.

i have to disagree about the twisties. rear wheel drive both of them they are swaying like a pendulum lol

hmmmmmmmmmm ive seen a few in bushes at the side of the road tbh id not bother.

I like the MX5 for how it drives, it is a sound little car, very gay though.

And i always wanted to love the RX8, but ive driven 3 now (1 on a trackday) and hate them more and more lol, one of the WORST cars i have ever driven!

he was going for it cus it was me a subaru lagacy and the RX8 gunning it to 70mph lmao

hmmmmmmmmmmm the top gear times dont really meen much to me mate. im running 197 at wheels. guessing the RX8 is similar but not cammed as its a rotary. ermmmm oh my inlets are polished and ported so the air rushes in faster. when my car hits 3k rpm in 3rd itll be at 100mph in the blink of an eye lol

all in all not a fan of RX8 a friend used to have a RX7 Twin turb circa 700 hp now that was fast. used to feel like a rocket but the inevetable happened ****bang mind that tree****

I ve always liked the the rx8 but the running costs put me off before i even went for a test drive. MX5 is pretty smart and looks a reasonably cost effective car, i fancy taking one for a test drive.

I doubt i d buy one though, i d struggle to fit my bike in a 2 seater!