My Glacier White 197 Progress Thread

i'm not normally a fan of the front splitter, but get the black lights on there and i think it could look quite nice with the black/white theme throughout

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Had a problem with the handbrake a few days ago, it somehow rolled down a drive into a brick wall while the handbrake was applied.

It tore the rear left tyre and scratched all the bumper. It could have been worse however, because if it had rolled straight backwards it would have dropped off a 7 metre edge that was only "protected" by a flimsy wooden fence.. lol

Going to get it checked over at Renault tomorrow to see if they can find any fault with it. Other than that, the cars fine. Im loving every minute of it. Just a bit annoyed at what happened!

Got to look on the bright side though, at least i still have a drivable car with just a bit of cosmetic damage, it could have been a lot worse.

Last edited:
Pictures of it on the low loader, had to be picked up as the tyre couldn't be fixed at the roadside and the foam wouldn't have been any use due to the gaping hole in the tyre.

You can just see the damage on the rear left arch.

23688_1392013801945_1280143963_31150969_6538699_n.jpg

23688_1392013961949_1280143963_31150970_8102051_n.jpg

Problem with the handbrake? I right, bet you forgot to put it on :scared:

Im stupid, but not that stupid. :-p

When i got back in the car the handbrake was holding the car. Its the first thing i checked. If the handbrake wasn't on the car would have started moving once i turned the car off and took my feet off the pedals (which it didnt, ive tried stopping the car on the same drive and taking all of my feet off and it rolls back instantly.)

did you leave it in gear???

my hand brake seems a bit flimsy i always leave it in a gear now depending where i am

what have renault said?

did you leave it in gear???

my hand brake seems a bit flimsy i always leave it in a gear now depending where i am

what have renault said?

No i didn't, stupidly. Because it was a flat surface i just didn't think about it. I've parked my Corsa there before just on the handbrake and its held it fine. :worried:

I always leave it in gear wherever i am now though, its at Renault now, they are going to ring me when its done. Have to see what they can find i guess.

:@! Thats crap! I would have been well mad with that! I hope you manage to get it sorted without any problems! Its one of those rare situations where you want the car to have been broken then its not something you can help!

Like you say at least its only cosmetic - it sound like it could have been much worse!