My Renault Dealership

I think Renault have made a huge mistake with all these Z.E. cars they're bringing out. They're dropping the Laguna from the range, but the reason it doesn't sell is because it's no longer competitive. Look at the cars the Mondeo and Insignia have become, years ago the Laguna was at least equal to these and now most people wouldn't even consider them. They needed to make the car competitive and they'd have sold some. It's like the Wind, great idea, single piece folding roof, but it's too late, the small hard top convertibles were the crazy 10 years ago when Peugeot had the 206 CC out and Vauxhall had the Tigra.

It's no wonder they make such fantastic sports cars because they actually have people to design them better than the competition and constantly improve them.

Another reason for the dealerships closing is just how poor they perform. They were supposed to turn their ways around and they did........for about 6 months and then it was back to the old rubbish again. And it's not just 1 department in most cases, it's all of them.

The one at mansfield is still a renault service centre and can still do warranty work but it's still the same shonky staff.

They cocked up my warranty work last week, asked for damper, seat and tailgate to be looked at.

Got the seat in, damper in and had the car at 9am monday morning, 2.30 they are ringing up to say they had the wrong seat part and asked who authorised the damper.

Got the car back the following day with wrong damper fitted, no seat sorted and no mention of tailgate being done.

Been on holiday so i have to get it all sorted again from now.

Not impressed, no wonder they are no longer renault.

The mansfield dealer was shocking to say the least, the salesmen are cocky, clueless arseholes. Warrantry work from there is near impossible and they deny all faults even if its happening straight in front if there faces. I personally think Renault are becoming one big joke and won't even be able to compete with the likes of Kia/Hyundai in the future years to come. If Renault started accepting faults and stopped annoying their customers by just sorting the cars out then they could easily turn themselves around. Unfortunately there isn't any decent Renault Dealers I've found yet although I've heard of people ranting about how good Harrats Renaultsport Dealer in Wakefield!

Unfortunately there isn't any decent Renault Dealers I've found yet although I've heard of people ranting about how good Harrats Renaultsport Dealer in Wakefield!

When it comes to Warrenty work, they are very accommodating, their techs are nice guys and seem fairly knowledgeable, but they're FAR from perfect IMO. I had issues with them, ordering wrong parts every time it went in, most jobs overran and their phone staff have no clue whats going on.

Not to mention their refusal to supply me a courtesy car after my fuel pump went pop with <20k miles on it, leaving me stranded on a dangerous road and forcing me to pay for the recovery to the dealership (car was over 2years old, but less than 3yrs).