Need help as iam new to this and getting a 200 tomorrow!!

Hi everyone, Iam new to this forum but had a quick look on here and found out loads of useful information so cheers guys. Basically iam going to get this car tomorrow :

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...5gq/keywords/200/page/2/radius/1501?logcode=p

Any one know what I should look out for when picking it up?
Is that a good price?
What kind of MPG should i see? (I drive 80 miles roundtrip a day for work)
And insurance, Iam 20 with 3 years ncb and its coming to £1300, does that seem about right?

Thanks in advance.

Markus

I want those seats!

Price seems ok to me
I currently get around 26mpg with city driving doing a 30 mile round trip
Insurance is a postcode lottery mate so cant comment on whether or not it seems right

Nice colour and love the seats but no cup chassis going by the silver calipers, also a guy on here let his 60 plate go for £9k last week so some serious haggling on price to be done there to get it at a price you want to pay. Think it is a buyers market really

Cheers for the replys.. been Haggling all day with Renault, managed to get it down to £11300 but thats the cheapest they will go as it only has 9000 miles on it! I just love the seats and colour i cant turn it down but at the same time ive seen a 11 plate vxr corsa blue ...

HHMMMMM decisions!!

I love the seats and the colour but wouldn't buy a non cup pack car myself .
Is it just the ride height or is it the dampers as well on the cup cars .

Dampers, ride height, calipers differ between cup and non cupped

Wow, lots of car for the money. Mines a 60 plate, over double the mileage, mines slightly higher spec but thats over half the original value!!

Dampers, ride height, calipers differ between cup and non cupped

Wow, lots of car for the money. Mines a 60 plate, over double the mileage, mines slightly higher spec but thats over half the original value!!

So its a good price? and to be honest i am not bothered about the cup package as my last hard had a terrible ride (clio 182) so hopefully this will be softer.
:smile:

The seats can be done by edge, he's a site trader on here. Lot of money to spend and are you in a real rush? My honest opinion would be to have a look at whats out there and drive a couple see what you prefer not other persons opinions, where abouts are you based? If ya anywhere near yorkshire your always welcome to come for a spin mate and see if you like the ride etc of a Cup Pack :smile:

I've seen advertised - Cup £13565 brand new so think this could be the time we take a hit with ours :worried:

Can you buy them just as seat covers or do Renault just sell the seats like that ?

there seat covers and are classed as an accessory, £1300 or there abouts. the covers area made by an outside company called trimtek (i think) basically you ask your local renault garage, they order the covers in and renault swap the covers over

80 miles a day is a lot to be doing in a Clio 200,
They're tidy on fuel depending on your commute roads.

Your monthly bill on fuel is certainly going to be high.

Before you jump, just check what your monthly outgoings will be.
Fuel bill may be enough to put you off, without the car, insurance for you is pretty high, tax etc.

Price seems slightly high but not too bad. I recently had mine for sale (changed my mind), 60 plate with 24000 miles and higher spec for £10,500.

the wheels look to have been resprayed, as if i remember rightly when i bought mine you couldnt get those wheels in black. Also check what tyres its running, as it sdone 9000 miles it will hopefully be on same tyres as when it left the factory so should be Continental SportContact 3's all round. If the fronts have been changed already then you know its not had one lady owner.
80 miles is quite a lot each day just for re sale purposes, it will soon be high miler if you have it for a couple of years. If your doing m-way comute then mpg should be around 30 if you drive normally (75ish) so as said above just ake sure you work out what your fuel bill will be.

The seats can be done by edge, he's a site trader on here. Lot of money to spend and are you in a real rush? My honest opinion would be to have a look at whats out there and drive a couple see what you prefer not other persons opinions, where abouts are you based? If ya anywhere near yorkshire your always welcome to come for a spin mate and see if you like the ride etc of a Cup Pack :smile:

Cheers mate i appreciate that but iam from essex... Unless you want to drive here :tongueout: haha

I love the seats and the colour but wouldn't buy a non cup pack car myself .
Is it just the ride height or is it the dampers as well on the cup cars .

How can you say you wouldn't buy a non cupped car and not know what the difference is?!? Lolzilla vs Tokylol