New 197 owner from Manchester

Hello guys, I'm Mike from Manchester and at the weekend bought an 09 plate 197 Lux edition in Albi Blue

So far i've given the car a good clean and prep for winter. Washed, clayed, polished and waxed, sealed the wheels, shined the tyres etc.

I also changed all the indicator bulbs to silver ones, fitted white LED sidelights and numberplate lights and also fitted some alloy ebay exhaust tips which are cheap but actually look really great I think. I saw them mentioned on here and thought they looked well worth the £20.

Not the best pics but sure i'll get some better ones when I take it out for a drive

20131109_194044.jpg

20131109_194113.jpg

20131109_194145.jpg

20131109_194250.jpg

So far i'm loving the car, still drives like its new, no rattles etc. The interiors a nice place to be with the Lux pack, leather, climate control, nicer sound system etc.

It drives great too, still getting used to the power and not had a chance to drive it on a completely dry road yet, but the grip I gives even in the wet at close to freezing temperatures has amazed me so far!

Plans for the car are only small at the mo, want to remove the 'clio' badge from the back, I may plasti dip the diffuser and from grill as they are a bit faded and i'm not too keen on the silver mirrors, so may look at spraying them black or maybe getting some covers for them. Also the wheels have a bit of lacquer peeling and minor curbing, so may get them powder coated dark grey cup style.

:smile:

Such a warm welcome! You lot seem much friendlier than cliosport.net...

I'm from South Manchester - Sale is where I live

Such a warm welcome! You lot seem much friendlier than cliosport.net...

I'm from South Manchester - Sale is where I live

Welcome along. it's a good bunch of lads on here with no need to score points, the odd girl pops up but then is frightened away.. Lol

Interior looks really nice and looked after, on a side note I wish I had a temperature readout the 200 cup doesn't have one so I just guess how cold it is outside.

Thanks - You wouldn't guess the cars done nearly 80k miles after looking at the interior. Hopefully I can invest in some decent leather care products and keep it nice too.

Seems strange a 200 doesn't have an outside temp reading, I thought most cars after about 2000 had one to be honest. It is handy to have when its cold as I like to take it a bit easier on back roads once the temp gets really low or close to freezing.

Similar Thread Suggestions