New 197 owner from Manchester

Cheers guys, The interior definitely swung my decision between getting a 197 or a 182. So glad I went for a 197 now

Lovely car. I also want to do something about my 197's fading diffuser. Would a plasti-dip be sensible given the proximity to the exhaust?

It sounds like a there a few of us on here from the Manchester area. Are there ever meets in the Peak district? I need an excuse to go exploring the area.

Welcome! Check out the meet we've got planned in the NW section if your interested!

Thanks mate, I will see if I can make it. Trafford Centre is only 10 mins from me.

Lovely car. I also want to do something about my 197's fading diffuser. Would a plasti-dip be sensible given the proximity to the exhaust?

It sounds like a there a few of us on here from the Manchester area. Are there ever meets in the Peak district? I need an excuse to go exploring the area.

Yeah maybe plastidip might not be the best idea thinking further. I only liked the idea of it because you can just spray it in situ and peel off any overspray.

Although i've looked into it now and the diffuser looks easy to remove, so think i'll paint it gloss black eventually. Only thing is with it being textured plastic you'll never get anything more than satin black look to it so options would be to either sand down the rough texture of the plastic or use multiple coats of filler primer to smooth it before painting.

It does seem like theres a bunch of us from around Manchester! If your looking for a good road for a blast, the A537 out of Macclesfield is a great drive

Similar Thread Suggestions