New 200t a rare sight

I've had mine 7 months now and have only seen two. One ly in Hunstanton and kennys

I'd rather have a car which is made in little numbers and people say to me that's a good looking car (when it's clean) than something that's selling like smarties and everyone got one. (very good cars tho)

Think the issue here was no one was interested in test driving it priced at over £19,000!

PCP is the way to go (in my opinion) on these, I got a cracking deal over 2 years.

Though the 200t has not sold too well in the UK (I was told by a dealer friend that only some 500 had found homes last year) but by all accounts they are selling well in the rest of Europe (especially France).

Ordered mine in June and it should be here late September early October. Can't wait!:thumbsup:

Thanks for that.

Out of interest, have you specified the cup suspension? Just wondering if this has a tendency to slow the order up a bit..

Reading this thread has cemented the fundamental reasons for buying a 200T... I haven't seen a single one, other than mine and a LY demo I drove, which Benfield Newcastle had delivered from Cumbria earlier this year.

I feel like a 200T meet should be arranged just so we can all say we've seen another!

Was at Ford Fair on Sunday and there was literally 200-300 new Fiesta ST's there so had a good look around them. Have to admit that it's cemented my view that when the 200 goes it will be a ST that replaces it. It addresses all the issues (looks and the excess doors being the main issues) I have with the new Clio (which I've also had a very good look around) and is several thousand pounds cheaper yet feels better built with better quality materials.

On my 800 mile round trip (through 4 countries) to Silverstone for Ford Fair I did not see one 200t on the road (I did see a few 197/200s though).

Last edited:
The ST is the old school recipe, like the 172/182 which is great fun but for me the Fiesta is... A Ford for a start, just find it hard to like them, boring looking and nothing special to me... I could list the many reasons why I chose the Clio over anything else but I'll keep it short... Diepe, a dedicated factory for all RS models as opposed to the general production line for all Fiesta spec's, so far the rarity of the Clio and above all else the sheer spec that you get for your money! Yes it's a few thousand more than the Fiesta but a same spec 1-series or A-class would cost 11/12k more, taking them over £30k... Yes they may be BMW and Mercedes but they are by no means 11/12k better in any way... I'm not being biased either as I looked at and specced up both cars.

Models looked at were BMW 125i Msport and Mercedes A250 AMGsport. I mention these models as any lesser engine would be nowhere near the Clio for power, size wise, they're not much bigger than the Clio, so I really do find it hard to justify (apart from brand snobs) and extra £10k plus... Sorry we were talking about the Fiesta... If I was in the market for a modern day 172/182, then maybe I'd be sold on the Fiesta but my loyalty lies with Renaultsport for many, many reasons!

p.s couldn't keep it short... My apologies!

PCP is the way to go (in my opinion) on these, I got a cracking deal over 2 years.

Though the 200t has not sold too well in the UK (I was told by a dealer friend that only some 500 had found homes last year) but by all accounts they are selling well in the rest of Europe (especially France).

You are the exception then because Renault are offering NO incentives to dealers, customers in the form of attractive finance packages. The majority of new car purchases (if not all) are purchased with finance and what Renault are offering on the 200T is laughable compared with similiar offers by Ford on their ST for example.

The 200's sold because of Renaults £999 down, £199pm that was very succesful in shifting cars. I know times change and I'm not expecting the same offer on the 200T but there has been nothing even remotely close.

You are the exception then because Renault are offering NO incentives to dealers, customers in the form of attractive finance packages. The majority of new car purchases (if not all) are purchased with finance and what Renault are offering on the 200T is laughable compared with similiar offers by Ford on their ST for example.

The 200's sold because of Renaults £999 down, £199pm that was very succesful in shifting cars. I know times change and I'm not expecting the same offer on the 200T but there has been nothing even remotely close.

Maybe it depends on the dealer. But I got money off the car + £1,000 further for taking the PCP from Renault Finance and I personally thought the 6.9% APR wasn't too bad. With a decent amount of equity in the Swift, I'm looking at around £220 / month over 2 years. Fair enough there's a fair balloon payment at the end (around £9.8k) but as I change my car every 2 years, it seemed a good way to get into a car that I liked.

Can't see you getting any where near the deal on a Clio compared to a Ford, as it's surely economics of sales (IE. Ford shift loads more cars than pretty much any one else).

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1