New astra vxr

*insignia? looks nothing like the vectra imo

Insignia, Vectra Tomato, Tomato. haha.

For me personally it looks too much like a business car and a bit too "pc" its probably because its styled on the Insignia. All personal taste though, but it is a nice car.

I doubt it will be as good as the Megane 265. It will most likely be more powerful but not have the composure of the Megane on either the road or track.

which colour does everyone think red is free/white is £100/blue and black £500

i was orginally thinking blue but i am being swayed by white and black lol

well they want it to be a class leader and to do that they need to be as good if not better than the megane....it will be set up as a good car but when you press the "vxr button" it will become more "extremer/aggressive" like the megane - well thats the way i read the article anyway

forgot to mention it has the latest generation adaptive dampers as well.....its loaded with plenty of chassis technology

sweet, time will tell :smile:

Is this the one they were trying to set the ring time lap record with?

I had a GTC SRi parked next to me last night and it was HUGE! It dwarfed my MPS! The 19 inch wheels have got 45 profile tyres which made the wheels look like they'd come off a tractor! It looks to me like they've made this car so that any wheels fit, up to 22". Wouldn't surprise me if people started fitting them. The SRi also seemed to sit far too high, it just looked like one of these cross over cars, like the Nissan Qashqai or Juke. They do look nice in the pictures though.

EDIT: From what I can make out in the pictures, the VXR appears to be wearing 35 profile tyres.

Last edited:
I had a GTC SRi parked next to me last night and it was HUGE! It dwarfed my MPS! The 19 inch wheels have got 45 profile tyres which made the wheels look like they'd come off a tractor! It looks to me like they've made this car so that any wheels fit, up to 22". Wouldn't surprise me if people started fitting them. The SRi also seemed to sit far too high, it just looked like one of these cross over cars, like the Nissan Qashqai or Juke. They do look nice in the pictures though.

EDIT: From what I can make out in the pictures, the VXR appears to be wearing 35 profile tyres.

i will have to check but i think they have gone for 20in wheels:bat:

Its the kind of car that looks great now but will look dated very quickly, just like Jap stuff.....also I think meg and new focus looks better. Everytime I see a sporty vauxhall, the imagine is just WRONG. The sporty vauxhalls are good cars but can't shake that Cav image...imo

Looks alrate... Don't like wheels, and the reflectors in rear bumper, look cheap IMO. Styling needs some sharp edges so it looks mean, prefer old vxr styling dare I say it :-0

That it's only my opinion how ever, bet it goes like sheeeeeeeeeeeeet :-D

tbh it looks like theyve pulled there finger out a bit, eith that just robbed the brembos from the Corsa Nurburgring. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Megane, Focus and seeing as its in the price range Golf R.

What sorta price you looking at Luke?

I do like these, however think the wheel arches are too big and only the 20s look good on it. Though I do think 20" wheels are a tad on the big side for a performance car.

Similar Thread Suggestions