New car :)

I've finally got the replacement for my R27 after driving around in a mk2 1.2 clio running on two cylinders for a month!
It's a 200 cup in mercury silver, I'm loving the colour, I was getting a bit fed up with people saying my LY was chavvy! Gone from probably the most out there to the most sensible colour! :blink:
I got a good deal on it and it came with 2 years warranty, however, theres some niggling issues with it that I thought you all might be able to help me with...
Firstly the gearbox... If I go 2-3-4-5, both 3 and 4 grind when I go into them, not badly just a little. However, if I go 4-N-4, the second time I go into 4 it doesn't grind. Am I right that this is probs a synchro issue, and the gearbox may be on it's way out? It doesn't worry me too much cos of warranty, anyway.
Also, when I press the throttle there is a slight hissing sound coming from around the handbrake area -only when I press the throttle and gets gradually less the more throttle I use.
Finally (sorry to ask all these questions) the handbrake you have to pullup really high for it to hold the car - tightening the cable perhaps? And the brake pedal is really really long compared to the R27, I'm pretty sure they need bleeding or something?
Cheers for any help, it's really appreciated :smile: But overall it's a great car and feels considerably better to drive than my old one! And the sound, my god what did they do to the exhaust on the 200's, completely different note to the 197's. MUCH louder!

Good news :smile:

I'm quite a fan of Mercury Silver :smile:. Handbrake is a simple fix. I think you can tighten it up from under the centre console. Whilst it's off, you could also go for a quick drive to see if you can locate the hissing in case it's something under the console.

I'm 99% sure the exhausts are the same, maybe you had just become accustomed to the 1.2!

Finally; PICTURES!?!

You're not imagining the difference in exhaust note, my 200 is a lot louder than my 197 cup used to be :thumbup:

Good to hear you got sorted with a new motor,I would check the exhaust by the sound of it you might have a K-tec,milltec,akrapovic or a custom exhaust the 200 standard is the same as 197 just the tips are different.

Good to hear you got sorted with a new motor,I would check the exhaust by the sound of it you might have a K-tec,milltec,akrapovic or a custom exhaust the 200 standard is the same as 197 just the tips are different.

yeah i'd agree,might of had the centre silencer removed

good news on your new wheels btw,get some pics up