New Clio 197 Owner from Derbyshire!

I see. Whats the exhaust like to live with? I wouldn't mind something with a tad more rasp to it, but equally I don't want to make the car sound like my exhaust is blowing at 70mph etc. It's not always easy to tell from youtube vids and the like.
It drones, that's the annoying bit, not to good if your doing a long run with passengers in the back. It sounds amazing when your driving around town and pushing it through the lanes. Do u commute? As the milltek is supposed to be a little less boomy than the k-tec.

It drones, that's the annoying bit, not to good if your doing a long run with passengers in the back. It sounds amazing when your driving around town and pushing it through the lanes. Do u commute? As the milltek is supposed to be a little less boomy than the k-tec.

Ah ok, this is what I feared. As you say, you don't mind it making some noise when you want it to...

I don't commute so wouldn't be a major issue but would probably opt for the miltek if its less boomy. I probably need to be a passenger in a 197 with one on and then make up my mind.

I see. Whats the exhaust like to live with? I wouldn't mind something with a tad more rasp to it, but equally I don't want to make the car sound like my exhaust is blowing at 70mph etc. It's not always easy to tell from youtube vids and the like.

If you're just wanting a bit more rasp Mat then you can just cut the silencer out of your std exhaust. It costs £40-£60 (depending on garage). It should give you a bit more noise and rasp without being boomy. Then if you don't like it you can either put it back in, or replace the system with a Miltek/Ktech.

If you're just wanting a bit more rasp Mat then you can just cut the silencer out of your std exhaust. It costs £40-£60 (depending on garage). It should give you a bit more noise and rasp without being boomy. Then if you don't like it you can either put it back in, or replace the system with a Miltek/Ktech.
Wise words! :thumbsup:

Ah ok cheers Robo!

If you want to have a listen at silencer removed im running atm and only 10 minutes from you mate not a problem to take you a quick spin

Similar Thread Suggestions