New Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo, Yorkshire Posse member Gazeratti's Review

Gazeratti

team inferno
200T EDC with Lux and Cup Packs
(All comments are from a personal point of view)

993609_10151763026403980_1882851166_n.jpg

Today me, Foxspeed and Roblynn1977 had a road trip to Wolverhampton Renault to sample the new Clio 200T.

Like to say a big thanks to Matt at Wolverhampton Renault who was offering a no strings attached test drive to sample the new Clio 200T and to Rob who got in touch with him to set it all up. I thought this was a good touch for those who cannot get to the midweek track days cause of work. Matt was a very nice guy and could do with a few more like him in the sales departments across the Renault Garages.

I must say overall it is a very good drive and i felt comfortable in it right from the off which is rare for me in a strange car. Its is very composed and to say this had the cup packs it is less hash then out going 200FF non-cupped Clio on our pot hole filled roads. Front Seats a very supportive and comfy, either in hash cornering or cruising. The rear seats aren't as comfy as the out going 200 and are more bolt up right. The rear leg room is also about the same between the 2. The Red stitching in the seats reminds me of the GT Turbo seats a bit and Love the Red seat belts.
Steering to me had a very positive feel, feedback and was well weighted at speed or in town, could tell what it was doing through the front wheels

The Flappy paddle box which i had big doubts about is the best Auto/Flappy Paddle box i have driven to date. It did everything i wanted it to do, changed down when i wanted it to and up which the flappy paddles ive driven wouldn't let you drop a gear till it was ready, which was my pet hate with them over the years. All gear change's up and down the box in full auto or flappy paddle mode was very smooth and in Race mode was plenty quick enough through the gears i thought. Loved the sound coming from the exhaust when changing down and also when nailing it it sounded like Darth Vader from the exhaust when sat in the back lol.

To say we had a full car i thought it pulled rather well, either nailing it or just driving it along normally in higher gears, so there's plenty of torque there. It pulled like a train through the gears tbh when giving it the beans, seems to get to the rev limter very quickly. There was no lumpiness from it in the lower gears like you get in the out going 200 but i suspect the gearbox helps with this.

The Brakes felt good also quite a hard short paddle and stop the car rather promptly, whether they would last with a good spanking on a run out or on track i do not know but on our little run they felt good.

The one thing i didnt like about the car and is a complete gimmick is the R-link with the car sounds. it was alright for the 1st few minutes as a laugh but it just got annoying after awhile and in the back sounded dreadful at constant speeds. The Rev counter was also on the small side and hard to make out and could do with brighting up a little and what with the tini tiny little windows behind the rear door handles [lol]

The Looks of the new 200T is now growing on me, but i still do wish they had made a 3 door too. I felt the rear doors didnt aid much anyway in getting in and out tbh, didn't really open wide enough and kept catching my size ten feet between the door and rear wheel arch or just kicking the door. Although my doubts about the gearbox has been resolved i do think it would be a great option to have but it should have been an option and not get rid of the manual altogether which i would still prefer as that is what a hot hatch is about. The new car overall feels a quality product over the out going model, everything feels much better screwed together and not as rattle inside. For a family man that has come through the R.S. range of the past and might want a blast from time to time when the mrs allows this is the ideal car for them.

Would i buy one......well i still have a problem with 5 door hatch's with how they look. but if my circumstances changed that i needed the extra doors then i would deffo look at one of these, But 3 doors are not exactly hard to get in and out of tbh. Would also have to be in LY not seen the other colours yet other then white and i think white doesn't do anything for it personally it makes it look cheep the GT line looks better in white then the R.S. version does

Here's some photos of the car we drove

1013750_10151763026703980_550817167_n.jpg

484662_10151763022723980_226062135_n.jpg

601684_10151763022618980_313539486_n.jpg

1045093_10151763022263980_816998792_n.jpg

1011296_10151763022528980_318630760_n.jpg

942086_10151763023698980_2093447358_n.jpg

1001014_10151763023098980_9306653_n.jpg

942641_10151763025433980_1012427413_n.jpg

1004599_10151763021153980_1791474411_n.jpg

1011847_10151763020483980_1019305371_n.jpg

9079_10151763022158980_2030178126_n.jpg

943290_10151763021533980_1446024123_n.jpg

I would recommend it, especially any doubters (i was one too) of this car, as it will put a few things straight about it

Last edited:
I can under stand that matey fully, i too would go for the Meg, but if they had made a 3 door of this id have been very tempted :smile:

Fronm the back you can really see the size difference. Still not sold on the looks or interior but I will have to test one out of curiosity.

Fronm the back you can really see the size difference. Still not sold on the looks or interior but I will have to test one out of curiosity.

I thought the new car was massive compared to the old one untill we did this side to side comparison and its longer (which is strange as rear leg room is the same) yes bet it no taller or wider really :smile: Yeah i would matey :smile:

Gaz I did drive one at Spa in April on the RS day 2 days after i got the Meg so I did have a comparison with the two cars

Lucky sod you i bet that was ace :smiley:

I dont do track days so that part of the cars ability doesn't bother me. If it can cope with our rough roads with a nice blast with the gang once a month that would do me fine which is what this car felt like :smile: But i like my 3 doors hot hatches and to me my 2005 Meg 225 is still the bees knees :smile:

There's one in Doncaster same spec and colour if any locals want a test drive

Went over there today, it's got 13 miles on the clock and is sat next to a Red Bull edition Meg. Had a chat with the lady there and basically they're not really wanting to do test drives in it because it's brand new and it's in the showroom :blink: Managed to twist her arm into letting me have a go in it on Saturday morning. So if anyone's wanting to have a go I suspect Saturday will be your best chance before they lock it away.

I did think afterwards, though, what's the point of having something that is designed to be a "drivers'" car stuck in a showroom? I can understand with the "boring" models but an RS?! It's hardly going to sell itself sat still. I went to Sheffield Peugeot and the GTi was sat out side liveried up with "GTi is back" and ready to go; the guy I spoke to said they're told to drive it home as it's basically a rolling billboard. My girlfriend rang Sheffield Looker's Ford and asked if they had a Fiesta ST in, and the guy just said, "yeah, want to take it for a spin?"

Or are people like us (who actually care about how a car drives) not the target market any more? Put it this way, if I don't get on with the gearbox I won't buy one. If I do, I probably will. They're not going to get a sale if they make it difficult for me to make that assessment.

Last edited:
Lol I wasn't allowed to test drive a new twingo unless I put a deposit on it. Renault are a bunch of jokers.

Not getting my hopes up about being allowed to test drive the 200t

A Yorkshire members' test drive meet at Harratt's could be good fun! Would probably be better than driving half a mile up and down the dual carriageway at Doncaster in a car with a tight, nun-like engine...

A friend of mine works at a dealership in Eastbourne and he text me today telling me he had one and to come and take it for a spin, I was quite impressed actually, I totally agree with the 'r link' sounds, what a joke that is total waste of time and money, but the rest of the r link stuff is pretty good, he has a black one and I have to say I personally think they look much better in the flesh, it pulls very well and seems a very capable car. If I hadn't of bought my meg 265 6months ago I would probably get one of these, trying to convince the misses to get one :smile: here is a couple of pics taken on iPhone so not the best and they don't do it any justice.

3420665F-088E-41BB-812E-1B039A5DF237-770-00000053A7777437.jpg

2684C99C-E505-4279-BF76-0295A820B730-770-00000053B12C071A.jpg

Lol I wasn't allowed to test drive a new twingo unless I put a deposit on it. Renault are a bunch of jokers.

Lol.. What a bunch of muppets, that's the sort of buyer qualification you expect from Bugatti.

Sounds like my parents experience with Audi does that

A Yorkshire members' test drive meet at Harratt's could be good fun! Would probably be better than driving half a mile up and down the dual carriageway at Doncaster in a car with a tight, nun-like engine...

It would indeed as we could go out towards emily moor on some decent roads. its just a matter if they would as all the staff we have got to know have moved to Harratts Nissan now at Ponte

A friend of mine works at a dealership in Eastbourne and he text me today telling me he had one and to come and take it for a spin, I was quite impressed actually, I totally agree with the 'r link' sounds, what a joke that is total waste of time and money, but the rest of the r link stuff is pretty good, he has a black one and I have to say I personally think they look much better in the flesh, it pulls very well and seems a very capable car. If I hadn't of bought my meg 265 6months ago I would probably get one of these, trying to convince the misses to get one :smile: here is a couple of pics taken on iPhone so not the best and they don't do it any justice.

3420665F-088E-41BB-812E-1B039A5DF237-770-00000053A7777437.jpg

2684C99C-E505-4279-BF76-0295A820B730-770-00000053B12C071A.jpg

Dont look bad in black actually, better then white anyway :smile: Glad you got to drive it, i think all Renault Garages need to offer drives of this new car so current owners get what its about, as there's too much slagging off (I was one) of this car and its not that bad. Its probably not track hardcore but on the road its just as good as the out going one, felt better then my 225 tbh. Just wish there was a 3 door version :smile:

Looks quite mean in black, the looks are growing on me (side and rear) but still not too sure on the interior or front. That combined with 3 door and auto means IF i was to sell my 200 (which im not at the moment) it would be a Megane i'd be stepping into next.

I'd still like to see one in the flesh and have a little go