New Discs gone rusty

Recently replaced my rear discs (dont think there genuine renault) for mot a few months back and since all the rain lately the inner of the discs gone rusty, is there anyway to cover this up or stop it happening

pic below to show where the rust is

656EAC6F-B4ED-48B4-8BE3-D6ED8CF505AE-927-000000EA5074170C_zps764d07a1.jpg

Oem discs are painted wih some kind of vht paint on the bells. But whatever those are made of, never seen any with that level of corrosion in such a short time !

If you want to stop the rot, best to rub it down or get a wire brush on the rust and paint with por 15 but not the disc itself where the pad makes contact with the disc.

Last edited:
Once you've prep'd the surface (wire brush, sandpaper, surface cleaner), I did mine with some Halfords high temp satin black enamel (paint). Very easy to apply and the finish looks great and so far robust. However the key to any painting job is in the prep. Also don't be afraid to go above onto the disc face where the pad meets - all that will happen is when dry, the pad will clean the rotor and leave you with a perfectly round smooth edge.

I found these very useful for sanding (pads), various grades and allow you to get around the contours of the disc.