New Engine in Landcruiser £10,000

As title, I broke down on M1 last Thursday in Landcruiser my wife drives, after a week at the garage they say it needs a new engine at £10,000, its 5 years old with 50,000 on clock, the thing is we had it valued 2 weeks ago at £20,000 because we are thinking about getting a new larger one, that £20,000 trade in has just shrunk to £10,000, 2 weeks before we go on Holiday and just as we are about to move into our new house, life is s**t sometimes.

Why did it fail? There is a outstanding oil strainer recall on 3.0 diesel engine check wth your dealer it may be in the chassis range.

As title, I broke down on M1 last Thursday in Landcruiser my wife drives, after a week at the garage they say it needs a new engine at £10,000, its 5 years old with 50,000 on clock, the thing is we had it valued 2 weeks ago at £20,000 because we are thinking about getting a new larger one, that £20,000 trade in has just shrunk to £10,000, 2 weeks before we go on Holiday and just as we are about to move into our new house, life is s**t sometimes.

be able to pick up an engine from somewhere surely?

exactly whats wrong with it? they can be striped and repaired!!!

Moved it Si my finger slipped :oops: I put it in here now

its ok noticed you moved it as i put reply so deleted my comment :wiz:

I can get you a brand new Lamborghini V10 for £25,000.

Sounds like they're a bit OTT with their pricing, hopefully you'll get it cheaper. :worried:

Thanks for replys, it's out of my hands, it's being sorted by the father in law, my wife doesn't know what's happening with it, hopefully we should be getting a new one shortly.