New gearbox needed?

I know its pretty common for the clio to have its gearbox changed, mines jolting quite a few times as i engage second gear, even after ive changed and the clutch is not depressed. Im going to take it into renault but was just wondering if its likely the gearbox will need to be swapped out?

Mines is jolty going into second although it gets better when it heats up. I always assu ed it was just because 1st was so kangarooy lol. I thnk the gearboxes that have been replaced were crunching into gear

Yeah thats similar to mine getting better after its warm aswell. I think if I'm still in my warranty i might let renault have a look as i can't imagine its supposed to be like that and would be nice if they could fix it, so long as theres no huge bill involved and I'm not without the car for ages!

What do you mean exactly? Jolting as you bring the clutch back up after sticking it in gear?

im not doing a great job of describing it, but yeah after ive put it in second and the clutch is no longer depressed it jolts a few times as quite sharply. Any idea what it might be Noddie?

could be a mild kangaroo effect, i doubt your gearbox is on its way out, from what i assume your car is fairly new...

Last edited:
good be a mild kangaroo effect, i doubt your gearbox is on its way out, from what i assume your car is fairly new...

yeah thats the term i was looking for to explain it! My cars a 60 plate and only done 10,000 miles so its fairly new. Is there anything to fix it or is it just something thats not worth bothering about?