NEW iphone 4g

Put your 3g on ebay, I got £250 for mine about 3 months ago (16gb).

As for 4 vs 3, I was pretty un-impressed when I got the 4....but that said I was massivly impressed when I first got the 3g, and it must be difficult to improve on something so good.

Theres a definate reduction in signal/network service in my area with the 4, and sometimes it just cuts off when showing 2bars. A couple of little bugs which dont really annoy me too much:
when adding pics to mms, sometimes it just closes msg and goes to main screen.
sometimes msg screen doesnt show the back option so I have to resetthe phone.
most annoying is for some reason not all my emails come through...i'd say 20% come through to laptop but not to phone...that one annoys me!

You wont be disapointed though, just dont expect anything MASSIVELY better than the 3g.

I disagree. The iPhone 4 is a massive leap from the 3G. Not so much from the 3GS, but from the 3G the difference is amazing.

omg that is epic....it even remebered the alarm i have set to wake me up for work tomorow morning lol That is the smoothest transfer to a new phone ever!

litterally 5mins and it has everything in exact same place as on my old phone, love it

Is anyone else having problems with their alarm on the I phone 4 since the clocks went back?

My alarm isn't going off at all and I were nearly late yesterday.

No matter what i do infant get the alarm to go off!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Is anyone else having problems with their alarm on the I phone 4 since the clocks went back?

Mines is fine, Maybe you'll have to hook it up to itune to see if it needs updated, If not back it up and then restore it,

Yep, I had the same problem. Didn't go off at the right time on Monday morning, it did however go off an hour late!

I double checked it on Tuesday morning and set my alarm clock just to be sure. Iphone alarm did go off though

EDIT: just found this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101101/tc_afp/britainusitcompanytelecomappleiphone

Last edited:
There's a new iOS4.2 with the fix on for people's alarms:tongueout:roud:

EDIT - Out next week

Last edited:
Bringing this thread back to life, where's the best place to get an iPhone 4 from? I'm almost at the end of my contract (next month), I don't really want to spend more than £35 a month and ideally don't want to pay for the phone!

Your thoughts?

i got mine from phones for you, £35 a month 600 mins, un lim. texts and 1g of tinterweb.

24 month contract with vodafone, i have nothing to complain about so far and i have had it 4 months so i would recommened this deal matey.

i hope this helps

Vodafone did me a deal 35 a month paid 60 for handset, 24 months and i get unlimited texts n minutes plus more than i will ever need on internet :smile: customer service is second to non with voda they even transferred all my numbers :smile:

I think vodafone are cack. Barely any 2g coverage round here and no 3g at all. O2 for me next

I'm on vodafone too, think I pay £40 a month for a similar deal to woody and gouldy, they just wouldn't budge on price at all when I tried. Guess it was just wrong time of the month for them lol

Vodafone did me a deal 35 a month paid 60 for handset, 24 months and i get unlimited texts n minutes plus more than i will ever need on internet :smile: customer service is second to non with voda they even transferred all my numbers :smile:

this is the deal i got woody, except i paid nothing upfront just handed in an old nokia 6220 classic handset that half worked when it wanted to

Similar Thread Suggestions