New Member - RS197

Hey, thought I'd introduce myself. I recently bought a Ultra Red 197 to use for track days. I've been going on track with friends for a few years and the Clio seemed like a good choice after a couple friends running 200's.

So I bought a 2008 197, 70k, good history, near on standard bar a Toyo manifold and some wheel spacers which turned out to be a hazard on the front with the seating position breaking away on the spacer. So there off now.

One thing I'm working through at the moment is some bushes that perished on the subframe and the radiator support bracket which was pretty rusted. But I have a new one to go on, just waiting on some subframe bits.

It's already feeling more like a project rather than just a track car. The rear axel is quite corroded, it will clean up but I'm thinking of getting another, having it blasted and doing the Pure Motorsport strengthening kit.

Next up is MOT and then cambelt, water pump and dephaser in Feb. After that brake overhaul and tires for track day.

Couple of pics from when I bought the car, currently in bits but I have the black headlights in now as there was a crack in one of the chrome.

Attachments

• IMG-20231229-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20231229-WA0006.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20231229-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20231229-WA0004.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 12

Similar Thread Suggestions