New Owner... Just a few concerns

Hi Everyone

just purchased a 58 reg Clio 197 from a dealership, however after I purchased it found Shattered glass and a pool of water under the Boot lining of the car, as a result it has got me concerned about the past of the Car I have run a HPI Check and it has come back as being stolen and recovered.

the Dealer did not meantion any of this information to me when I purchased the car. I am now worried about the resale value of the car and what other damage may have been caused to the Car.

Im waiting for the dealership to call me back tomorrow to discuss further but I would like to know if I have any right to return the Car as I no longer think the car is worth the price I have paid.

I have only had the car for 4 Days and I love the car and the Definately want to be driving a Clio 197/200 but im unsure if I want to drive this Car after what I have found out today,

Thanks in advance

Rudger

I thought dealers were supposed to declare if it wasn't HPI clear.?

What is the Reg and colour of the car.?(pm if you prefer)
I have a few pics of different smashed 197's ive come across

pffffffftttt dude id be going spastic!!

being honest i wouldnt want the car and would take it straight back

its got a dark history and your never gonna be able to sell it for its full potential price

Jase,

I thought Dealers had to as well I never bothered to get the car HPI Checked as it was from a dealer it was only when I found the smashed glass and puddle of water I decided to Check,

With regards to the Reg number Im going to wait until I hear from the dealer first I hope that this issue can be resolved amicably, I was wondering if anyone had any Idea what sort of loss I would be hit with if I decided to sell the car on in a couple of years time.

Thanks

Rudger

Aren't we good enough then mark :wink:

all depends on if it was a Renault dealership or not.?

The lost you'll suffer all depends on spec of the car and what you paid.

it was a Renault Dealership when I spoke to the sales manager today they advised they were aware that it was a stolen and recovered as they carried out the repairs!!! but they must have forgotten to Clear all the glass out the boot and check that it wasnt letting in any water

Aren't we good enough then mark :wink:

all depends on if it was a Renault dealership or not.?

:lol:

Not at all, the advice on here is first class however seeing as thats the official Renault UK forum with people on the Renault UK wage bill for customer services I though it was a good suggestion for the quickest most pain free advice. :wink:

The Rensport site can only really help if it a Renault dealership.
As it is a ren dealership then they should be able to help/advise (if they don't delete it first because of bad puplicity)

Not good, do you not have like 7 days to get your money back? When I bought my car they showed me all the checks. Surly they have to declare anything like that?

I cant believe this - even if the dealers not forced to tell you about the history, its the decent thing to do. You can guarantee they didn't pay much for it at all so they cant expect to sell it for a typical price. I would have gone off the handle, its very wrong!!

I hope you get it sorted really soon!

It all depends if it was logged as Stolen / Recovered at the time, if not then it would not show up on any HPI checks.

However it was morally wrong of the dealer to have sold you the car under false pretenses as it sound like they know the history of the car, by law they are not in the wrong as I take it you did not directly ask them if it was stolen?

It all depends if it was logged as Stolen / Recovered at the time, if not then it would not show up on any HPI checks.

However it was morally wrong of the dealer to have sold you the car under false pretenses as it sound like they know the history of the car, by law they are not in the wrong as I take it you did not directly ask them if it was stolen?

its does show up HPI tho thats the problem!

I wouldnt be very happy in this situation. I would like to think you can return the car, if not get trading standards involved, my mate did when a garage refused to take a car back after faulty advertising. :smile:

Also when i bought my R27 they told me about the HPI check that had been done etc.

i'd be parking the car in their showroom and demanding my money back right now... i didn't think a franchised dealer was allowed to sell a non-HPI clear car?

A Stolen Recovered car will show that on the HPI for now and the future. In terms of part exchange value, most dealers will get a glass's guide value and cut it in half! If you sold the car privately, you could be making between £1-2,000 loss over HPI clear cars being sold. I would take the car back to the dealership, demand your money back, threaten to get trading standards involved and speak to Renault UK about it. All cars at a dealership should be HPI clear for a number of legal issues, its the same at the dealership that I'm working for!

FFS reading this stuff makes my p1ss boil.

Get it back to the dealership and demand a refund.

Id be frothing at the mouth!

I'd be taking it straight back and having a hard discussion face-to-face and refuse to take the car back home.