Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

No worries. :smile:

They're the same ones that they use in the Cup race cars, so my engine is virtually ''Cup-spec''' now, or will be once they go in. :thumbup:

Also here stalking this thread! while i start saving up! Great thread......

How much did your quoto come in at for your service?

Also here stalking this thread! while i start saving up! Great thread......

How much did your quoto come in at for your service?

Cheers mate!!! :smile:

It was just under £700 all in, but I think I'm going to have to postpone it a couple of months back to the original date now.

14 June 2012;

So I decided to get all experimental with the TB. :smiley:

I'd like to say that I had no running issues at all with the 64mm TB apart from the occassional 1,200RPM idle after a bit of a blast. This never really bothered me and I'm sure it's something that could've been mapped out had I really wanted it to be. But, after doing a lot of reading and some brain-picking and after Litchy going down the 62mm TB route and personally preferring that to the 64mm TB, I decided that I'd get a 63mm TB.

I sh!t my pants when I fitted it. Nicole just would not catch to start, the only way I could get her to fire up was to give a jab of the accelerator and as soon as I took the pressure off the pedal she wanted to try and idle at around 400RPM!!! So as much as we slag off the standard ECU, it's clear to me that it can indeed ''learn'' and adapt to quite an extent as it seemed it was still trying to adjust throttle position as if it had the 64mm TB on there.

Anyway, after a bit of sweet-talking, she fired up and idled bang on 1,000RPM. I've had no issues with the idle since, including after a blast when the 64mm TB would still idle slightly higher than standard. In terms of performance, I've noticed no less extra grunt when compared to the 64mm but the throttle response seems sharper. I hadn't really noticed the throttle response dampen after going from 60mm to 64mm, but I have noticed it sharpen somewhat going from 64mm to 63mm. It's hard to explain...

Overall it's as I expected after doing a lot of reading. To me (flame suit ready), it's better than the 64mm. But the 64mm was better than standard. :smile:

Flame suit lol....Horses for courses though, plus we are running the v6 airbox. I love the 62mm purely because its seems to rev 'free'er. Def best of both worlds with Airbox. Don't let anyone say that size doesn't matter....even 2mm. Like you said, I'd have been quite happy to have stayed with the 64mm.

Next Will, the air filter in Airbox. Doesn't need to be soon bloody thick. Think someone on here got the K&N eqv and was much thinner. Was thinking the ktec for the bigger capacity engine. Wonder what cups use. Doubt it will be ktecs?

Last edited:
Cups use the Green Filters cotton panel, similar sort of thing to the K&N. :wink:

Yeah the K-Tec is pretty substantial, I'd be interested to see a foam vs. cotton dyno' shootout, but I think the differences would be minimal.

Flame suit lol....Horses for courses though, plus we are running the v6 airbox. I love the 62mm purely because its seems to rev 'free'er. Def best of both worlds with Airbox. Don't let anyone say that size doesn't matter....even 2mm. Like you said, I'd have been quite happy to have stayed with the 64mm.

Next Will, the air filter in Airbox. Doesn't need to be soon bloody thick. Think someone on here got the K&N eqv and was much thinner. Was thinking the ktec for the bigger capacity engine. Wonder what cups use. Doubt it will be ktecs?

Hmmmh...an interesting read. :wink:

BTW: I have the K&N panel filter for the V6 airbox:

KNfilterClioV6.jpg

Cheers Raptor, how do you find the K&N? Does it seem to hold/catch the dirt well and does it feel well made?

27 June 2012;

Well, I'll tell no lies. The last week or so has seen me questioning my relationship with Nicole. I don't really know why, I mean I love her and everything and I'd never cheat on her but lately these 207 GTi and Swift Sport girls have been taking my fancy. To the extent that I made enquiries about getting a Swift Sport but at the eleventh hour I couldn't justify the finance deal (cheaper than current deal) and I couldn't take the plunge.

Then a few hours after phoning the garage to tell them, I got a lovely text from young Mikeh197 telling me that he's just stuck his bolt through my slot and I'd have a nice surprise on my doorstep when I get home. That's the ARP Rod Bolts sorted then, now to sort out some more saving for ''The Big One'' and quite possibly some nice lumpy sticks from Mr.F if I can get enough saved up.

So this weekend me and a FUELISH lot are going to go and pollute Wales to help me and Nicole build (and probably jump) some bridges. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Will all this thinking about other cars wrecked your brain, but i spotted your deliberate mistake of putting july note june

Will all this thinking about other cars wrecked your brain, but i spotted your deliberate mistake of putting july note june

Mike all this thinking about other peoples posts wrecked your brain, but I spotted your deliberate mistake of putting note instead of not

:rofl:

I'm not playing any more, you'll be picking me up on my grammer and smelling next

They're between £75 - £85 depending on where you get them from.

I'm not entirely sure about the rev limit to be honest, it's more a future-proofing thing should I change my mind again and decide to go for Cams. Plus, it's adding strength to the engine which is always a good thing, especially for the price... Oh and also, I'll then be able to say I have a Cup-spec engine. :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions