No more subway :(

Too many softy do gooders about trying to look good + caring, I think it's horrible that we get things taken away from us because others don't want them, I don't like salad so I don't go to salad bars I don't try and banish them from the fkn globe or change them to bar/grills I just go to the bar/grill in the first place, just makes me laugh stuff like this what's the point

It's not all subways.

I remember in 2008 when I was living in High Wycombe, one subway had only halal meat and the other only non-halal. It was a nightmare on a Saturday morning when you wanted a bacon roll with your hangover!

I don't have a problem with Subway's halal meat anyway - it's just as bad as their non-halal meat.

That's the overall problem I think, "treat every one equal" "were all the same" but here's 2 different shops for you different people to shop at haha it's an absolute joke, same with girls n boys we want equal rights but we also want cheaper car insurance and 50% of our partners income if anything goes wrong, the whole thing is an absolute joke lol but it's good to sit back and watch the constant battle between everybody lol

I can't see the logic in this decision. Has there been increasing pressure from islamic followers on subway to deliver this change? Are subway trying to extend their market share to include muslim folowers? Either way there is a hell of a lot of negative press about this issue, I don't see how they anticipated to sell more by making this decisoin.

If you sell pappers, it pays to annoy your readers, sandwiches....maybe not so much..

Good questions.

With hindsight following the aftermath it may be difficult to spot the logic BUT surely it is (or was) an attempt to extend market and revenue. What's laughable about the pervading interpretation here and elsewhere is that somehow a mulitinational like subway had a seemingly ethical (read PC / softy softy or whatever) or kowtow motive, rather than a purely commercial one. However, you see what you want to see and can't avoid looking through your own eyes.

like this subway decision if you speak up or express your views it usually gets twisted to some sort of racist connotation...

..ignore it if you like but there are some very bad underlying issues in this country and how it is governed and perceived by other countries....

people whisper it for fear of reprisal we focus far too much on the trouble causing minority!

Sandwiches at 185 Subway outlets in Britain and Ireland no longer come with ham or bacon as the pig is regarded as unclean in Islam.
The pork has been replaced by turkey in a move the company hopes will avoid offending Muslim customers.
Im absolutely fine with that but it makes me think.Why am i denied an opportunity to get ham or bacon in these selected stores..it is a really poor decision of our dear Subway food chain...at least let us have what we love and grew on...as im originally from Czech,we love bacon and especially the region i come from,bacon and wine are untouchable...

Sandwiches at 185 Subway outlets in Britain and Ireland no longer come with ham or bacon as the pig is regarded as unclean in Islam.
The pork has been replaced by turkey in a move the company hopes will avoid offending Muslim customers.
Im absolutely fine with that but it makes me think.Why am i denied an opportunity to get ham or bacon in these selected stores..it is a really poor decision of our dear Subway food chain...at least let us have what we love and grew on...as im originally from Czech,we love bacon and especially the region i come from,bacon and wine are untouchable...

seems we have become a muslim state overnight....

Same old unfortunately, yes we can go on about it on a forum but thats where it stops, its gone to far now and its regarded as the norm and socially accepted . . . . Becoming a sad reality but soon a major percentage of everything will be infavour of every other religion and nationality

Our local ones are not going halal so it's all good here. Even the one in the middle of our Asian are is not turning halal

Right then chaps. I've had a bit of a clean up in here.

Some people (you will know who you are) have been handed infraction points for ( knowingly) overstepping the mark. The site (and I) will not tolerate racist/religious slurs, or anything that could be taken as such (regardless of it's original context). I will miss my Subway BMT's as much as the next guy, but racist remarks are uncalled for.

Anyone repeat offending will be banned.

Right then chaps. I've had a bit of a clean up in here.

Some people (you will know who you are) have been handed infraction points for ( knowingly) overstepping the mark. The site (and I) will not tolerate racist/religious slurs, or anything that could be taken as such (regardless of it's original context). I will miss my Subway BMT's as much as the next guy, but racist remarks are uncalled for.

Anyone repeat offending will be banned.

I'm not trying to antagonize here, but I'd be interested to see how my comments could have been in any way racist?

Just to add my own opinion in to the mix.

I've spent the last 9 years designing and installing factory management systems (both hardware and software) for the food industry, so it's fair to say I've seen more than my fair share of meat factories, abattoirs, and processing plants as well as the occasional Chicken and Cattle Farm. I've worked closely with a lot of Halal processing plants and abattoirs, and I'll say a few things:

1. Slaughtering of any animal is not a pretty thing. Step in to any slaughter line and you'll want to have had a light lunch and strong stomach.
2. I strongly oppose the unstunned slaughter of any animal, and given the choice I wouldn't eat Halal meat at all (even though I have it on good authority (from a guy who runs a very large Halal slaughter house) that the Halal method gives more tender chicken as it drains more of the blood from the meat). - Personally I think that if something is 'unstunned' it should be labelled as such, though given the small amount of factories practising this method you'll probably never find this meat in mainstream outlets such as Asda, KFC, Subway, McDonalds etc. anyway, but I would rather that I could see this information and decide not to eat it.
3. If you really care for the welfare of any animal, always buy free range. Always.

Coming back to Subways decision to stop selling Pork products. I disagree with the decision. As an atheist I disagree with any decision that restricts peoples choices based on others religion (be that Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or Jedi).

HOWEVER; Subway are a BUSINESS. They didn't take this decision for Religious reasons (can you really see an American company publicly wanting to be classed as 'Muslim'?). They have made the decision to firstly start selling Halal, then to remove Pork as it increases profits. If you want them to stop you have to do exactly the same as the religious groups would have done if they didn't make these decisions.

1. Publicly express your issues in a way that subway take notice (post on facebook, twitter, Instagram etc) with the #subway - They have departments set up to monitor these things, but best to keep race out of it!

2. Stop buying from Subway. If they can relate a drop in revenue with the recent bad press around their decisions they'll soon fetch back the bacon we all want so much. Or, simply do what a what a muslim would, ask is the meat Halal, or if they server Pork. If they only serve Halal or don't serve Pork and you don't agree with it then don't buy anything and leave.

I'm not trying to antagonize here, but I'd be interested to see how my comments could have been in any way racist?

Probably only one or two that were really overstepping the mark, the others in isolation weren't all that bad, however half a thread of that type of comment begins to set a trend that I was uneasy about. As I said, most of the deleted comments have been deleted because they referenced the inappropriate comments, many of them were actually expressing the fact they were also uneasy with the comments being made. So I just deleted the whole lot.

I think it's a publicity stunt.... 185 shops is a small % of the subways in this country and maybe they are the ones that don't sell many pork products anyway. So they withdraw them, everyone goes hyper for 24 hours...... Then realises that it's not all stores and infact their local one is still selling exactly same stuff. Meanwhile ya been thinking about subway since it was on the news, hey presto Subway's all time best italian BMT.... On a foot long just incase they stop them. Mmmm was a nice lunch haha

Forgetting the religion aspect it just annoys me that I have to travel an extra 10 minutes for a Chicken and bacon sub :d

I think it's a publicity stunt.... 185 shops is a small % of the subways in this country and maybe they are the ones that don't sell many pork products anyway. So they withdraw them, everyone goes hyper for 24 hours...... Then realises that it's not all stores and infact their local one is still selling exactly same stuff. Meanwhile ya been thinking about subway since it was on the news, hey presto Subway's all time best italian BMT.... On a foot long just incase they stop them. Mmmm was a nice lunch haha

Well I won't be buying Subway again, so poor publicity stunt if that were the case. I've a boat load of points amassed on my card too but screw them. Terrible coffee anyway so was always an incovience to buy my food from Subway and coffee elsehwere.

Subway, you are dead to me.

Well I won't be buying Subway again, so poor publicity stunt if that were the case. I've a boat load of points amassed on my card too but screw them. Terrible coffee anyway so was always an incovience to buy my food from Subway and coffee elsehwere.

Subway, you are dead to me.

Valid point actually, I will go elsewhere for my fatty treats ha.

So I can't have horse in my burgers and now I can't have pork in my sandwiches.. would someone please explain to me why animals were invented then????