No spark

Joshluff

Platinum Member
So my car has now decided to no longer want to be a car

Was putting the car on the drive. I stalled ...... The car now won't start and there is no spark from the plugs

I really am confused I don't no what to do

I may just burn the car :L

Please help. Thanks

It's turning over just not igniting And the battery colts are fine had a boost pack on it just to be sure

It's turning over just not igniting And the battery colts are fine had a boost pack on it just to be sure

ok then, next step, remove each spark plug one by one, reconnect to its lead, place it somewhere where its not resting on the block and attempt to start, you are checking that each plug has a spark (you will see it arcing). Be careful when doing this (i.e. dont hold the lead when doing it ), do this for all 4. It will probably be a plug or lead issue.

Also physically check your leads for cracks.

Given what you've said in your other thread I'm inclined to say crank sensor, but obviously you need to get an OBD reader on it.

don't take it the wrong way but using the internet to "guess" whats wrong with your car when you don't have any idea could cost you money changing parts that aren't
faulty....it needs to be diagnosed correctly in the first instance :thumbup1:

don't take it the wrong way but using the internet to "guess" whats wrong with your car when you don't have any idea could cost you money changing parts that aren't
faulty....it needs to be diagnosed correctly in the first instance :thumbup1:

It's more of a getting other people's views than a guess but I completely agree. But it seems to be I look at it find something wrong.

Replace said thing. All is fine then somthing else happens :L

So far I've left it got a new Crank sensor ( tbd sensor ( one in the bell housing )) Will put that in when it arrives and see what's what.

check your physically getting a spark first like i suggested or else your just chucking money at it. When troubleshooting always check the free things first!

check your physically getting a spark first like i suggested or else your just chucking money at it. When troubleshooting always check the free things first!

I did the spark test before I started this thread , that's why I said I've got no spark

Ok, have you tested your coil pack is getting 12v?

Oh and remove your fuel pump fuse to save fuel whilst you are trying to start.

Last edited:
Is it a possibility my cambelt slipped ??

Problems are no fuel from the injectors but fuel to the rail

No spark from the spark plugs

I've already changed the crank sensor
The spark plugs are new

No fuses have blown

It stalled when parking and now won't start :smile:

Have you had it to a garage yet, even just for a diagnostic check?
It sounds like the car is immobilised but timing belt also a possibility.

Garage are saying there no rpm reading so thats the crank sensor which I've replaced.

Renault said there's a option of two so got the other one coming tomorrow to see if that's the case