Not a good day yesterday!

So yesterday my Hard drive on my laptop went, not happy about that! I don't have a backup and all my Edge Automomtive files and artwork etc is on there and all my music which is around 30GB I think.

So I've been out and got myself a new lappy, hooked the old HDD up to an external case and its still not reading.

Is there a way of saving all the info? or am i screwed?

Steve

I know someone that maybe able to help.
But he lives at Mansfield so you would need to send it.

My pc hd died after 1 company said it was all gone he managed to recover all bar 3 files.

Sounds good jase,

I've been doing a bit of research on it, I need to figure out how to use something called dd_rescue.

This should save my files, I'm on mac by the way.

Is there a wizkid who is comfortable with linux??

Steve

A program called Spinrite will probably be able to help you.

Im 99% sure it will fix your hd and they give you chance to get everything off there.

http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm

It not a free program, buts its very easy to use and ive had very good results from it in the past. Used it on clients machines.

Its a case of booting into spinrite from a cd in broken laptop and setting it about doing its magic.

If you look on the internet im sure you will be able to "borrow" a copy :thumbup1: its only a few Megabytes.

Also try "get data back ntfs" or "get data back fat32" I can lend you a copy if you need it just pm me if you get no where

Similar Thread Suggestions