O.Zs have landed

Lol.

I aint no big shot. I've only got a Cup.

You and FMP are the high rollerz on this forum lol.

I thought the high rollers were litchy and Mike.....lol

Just need to get the calipers stripped and sent to the powdercoaters. Mind you I wad tempted by yellow

Scott.....shut up you c**t! Lol

Yea Kenny has spent quite a lot but there's some guys on here with 197's that have spent 20-30K on forced induction and track setups. Infact one was for sale yesterday and now sold lol

Red will look better mate, but Yellow would be different and gets my vote :smile:

I haven't given it some stick yet but I would be surprised if they have made the handling worse

Foxspeed knows win

I have gone from 7.5j to 8j and also offset has dropped from 68 to 55 so in theory I have gained 25.2mm of extra track per corner

So I would be bloody shocked if it handled worse

Yup. They are only 7.7kg per corner for 17x8

Less unsprung weight ftw

Just need 1 seat, a cage and a fire extinguisher to go whole hog. Lol

Henderson your right. I forgot to half the half inch in rim with. Mind you I did it in my head.....fatal error. Lol

My brain is like **** n toothpaste at the mo

#cantdomaths

Henderson your right. I forgot to half the half inch in rim with. Mind you I did it in my head.....fatal error. Lol

My brain is like **** n toothpaste at the mo

#cantdomaths

hahaha,so very little difference then to fitting 20mm spacers that people say f*ck the handling up,:tongue_smilie:

i don't think spacers our your wheels mess with the handling btw,personally think you've made a great choice,they are the best looking wheels out there for me at the minute

Do these wheels affect the handling as there wider .

In theory widening the track (in this case around 27mm which is considerable) puts more stress to the suspension components and bearings. It makes the steering a bit heavier (better feel) but as a result it wears out the steering components in time (and we all know that our steering is not the greatest). Some regular track goers also reported better stability in high speed corners with shorter track (bigger offset). The general consensus is that offset shouldn't be altered (much), it should be kept close to stock. How much is ''much'' though?

Now all that is theory. In reality I believe nobody would be able to tell any difference whatsoever by 27mm widening. Loads of people with clios are running 8J + ET55 and they haven't reported any issues whatsoever. However someone could argue as to why Renault didn't fit wheels with smaller offset for aesthetic reasons in the first place but hey, all I know is that these OZs look the business!!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
oilman Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 0