Oil pressure?

Anyone that has oil pressure/temperature gauge can write his value here please?

I fitted yesterday the pressure gauge and i read:

95°
Min rpm 1.3/1.4 bar
4500> 4.3 bar

Once upto temp mine runs:

Pressure at idle: 1.8 -2.1 bar
At high rpm: 4.5 - 5.0 bar

Oil temp slow drive: 55 - 70 degrees
On track: 85 - 110 degrees ( 16 row oil cooler fitted ).

Once upto temp mine runs:

Pressure at idle: 1.8 -2.1 bar
At high rpm: 4.5 - 5.0 bar

Oil temp slow drive: 55 - 70 degrees
On track: 85 - 110 degrees ( 16 row oil cooler fitted ).

with what oil temp? :smile:

do you have some pics of oil cooler installation to show me? Position?
My mech tell me that these oils have no problema also at 140°...
i'm undecided if fit it or not... :worried:

I was told by TDF with Mocul 300v it will remain stable upto 140 degrees! I've had it running 124 degrees when really giving it some stick and pushing it upto the raised limiter but as soon as you start shifting 500rpm sooner it drops by 20 degrees within a few laps.

I'll get the pics tonight mate.

Here we go mate.

Couldnt get a clear shot at the setup as i have a slightly more restricted view than most:
DSC02650.jpg

Any excuse eh :wink:

Cooler through the grill complete with splatted wasp:
DSC02653.jpg

DSC02655.jpg

Supply lines and Mocal sandwich plate, thermostatted with sensor take offs:
DSC02656.jpg

DSC02660.jpg

Pressure and temp gauge on dash, ignore temp reading its currently on the blink:
DSC02663.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate! Nice!
Maybe your oil has also low temperature because it takes cold air then ours... Itb rulez! Hihihi excellent i love them!! How many noise do they on "city movement"...?
The most important thing for me is the idle sound, if police stop me they cannot hear many sound.. At the moment i've idle rpm at 1400..... Maybe with itb i can low min rpm..

I'm very undecided because also you told that 300v can run at 140°..
I never pass 125° on track, i make 1/2 cooling lap...
My mech told me that he uses oil cooler on track because when the clio is behind another car for many km the temperature go up!

Clio r3 (access or maxi) doesn't use col radiator..

Can you link on this site http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/oil-coolers-accessories the exactly things to buy? :smile: i don't know some size :worried: So i can see how much.. :wink:

Last edited:
My car idles at 1400rpm also due to 403 cams, the ITBs aren't what you want if your going for a quiet car, induction noise is louder than the exhaust!

Regarding oil temps I think the brand of oil makes a difference too, I used to run Silkolene 5-40 but found it ran a little hotter than the Motul equivilent. Also as you stated air temps are much cooler in the UK.

I don't know the parts specifically as TDF installed this for me, try asking them on CS for part numbers.