Opinions what would you do?

catwalrus

Paid Member
My little C2 dropped a cilinder Turing into work today, turns out it's not too bad but the injectors seals have let go and
its an engine out job. My parents company will do it but it's going to be a week at least as they are really busy.

Now the clio has turned into a proper pampered baby at the moment with all the mods and attention now she is not used daily and has been in a warm garage at my in laws .

THE QUESTION do I suck it up and run the clio suffer the hard ride, fuel and crying every time I go through a puddle
OR hire a car for a couple of weeks!

engine out for injectors...you sure on a c2.....is it petrol or diesel?

petrol injectors on them are basically held in by the fuel rail and an o ring...

I echo Jays comment.. Mines a 2010 with 75,000 on the clock anyone whos says these cars cant be used as a daily is quite frankly a pussy.. lol

Mines a 2012 and It gets used every day, and plowing the mileage onto it. The Clio isn't ever going to be a collectors car, use it and appreciate it for what it was intended for, I can't see how anyone can enjoy a car that just sits around

I use my 200 every day. Never once though about using something different and yes I do have the cup chassis.

Use it! Waste of money getting a hire car when you have that in the garage. I use mine every day to 12k miles a year

engine out for injectors...you sure on a c2.....is it petrol or diesel?

petrol injectors on them are basically held in by the fuel rail and an o ring...

Its a diesel. Not sure what's up with it as not looked much had them
pick it up while at work.
I do trust my man mark but does sound a bit odd!

Use the clio! Cant spend all the money on it to keep it locked away :smile: its supposed to be driven, driven hard!

Thanks all
I thought I was being a pussy and need to strap on a pair.
On the bright side I will get to work quicker!

I don't want to sound too harsh but why do people buy cars to then leave them in a garage... Especially what in essence is a 3 door hatchback.

Mine is my company car and I drive it everyday. I've had it 18months and put 18k on it.

Use it! It's what it's meant for!

I don't want to sound too harsh but why do people buy cars to then leave them in a garage... Especially what in essence is a 3 door hatchback.

Mine is my company car and I drive it everyday. I've had it 18months and put 18k on it.

Use it! It's what it's meant for!

Point taken however the car has been used by me as a daily for 3 years but this year my
commute is longer and I wanted to do some bits to the clio over winter so I took the option to garage it this year
and to be honest I have been happy with my decision when being pelted
by gritters etc. also I have made the thing a lot more track focused of late and want it to be ready for this years trackday season
not so long ago I was the guy posting the high and mighty use it what it's meant for!

Point taken however the car has been used by me as a daily for 3 years but this year my
commute is longer and I wanted to do some bits to the clio over winter so I took the option to garage it this year
and to be honest I have been happy with my decision when being pelted
by gritters etc. also I have made the thing a lot more track focused of late and want it to be ready for this years trackday season
not so long ago I was the guy posting the high and mighty use it what it's meant for!

As I said pal, don't want to sound harsh. It's your car and it's up to you what you choose to do.

I get your logic but you asked for opinions from fellow owners and that was mine

As I said pal, don't want to sound harsh. It's your car and it's up to you what you choose to do.

I get your logic but you asked for opinions from fellow owners and that was mine 

No worries mate just wanted u to see I have been the other side also.
I must admit the idea of being able to overtake and stuff tomorrow is apealing I have been driving that POS c2 for too long