Paypal fraud help please

Hi guys,

I just logged into my email account and i noticed a Paypal receipt for a payment £47.95 that was carried out on the 3rd of August 22:37pm to Dominos Pizza with a delivery address somewhere to North London ( i have the full address). Somebody has hacked my account and is making payments with it, how is that possible considering all the Paypal protection? I'm completely baffled by this situation as i've never had anything similar, what's the best plan of action report it to Paypal (will they even do anything about it)?
I feel like giving the address a visit to make sure this fraudster doesn't continue doing this to other people...

thanks in advance
Ollie

Yes get on to PayPal and ask them to investigate and stop any more going out

First thing to do is change your password mate and report it to Paypal. As you have an address I'd report it to the police as well. Its not worth going to the addresses as you don't know what's behind that door. Last thing you need is to put yourself in danger.

First thing to do is change your password mate and report it to Paypal. As you have an address I'd report it to the police as well. Its not worth going to the addresses as you don't know what's behind that door. Last thing you need is to put yourself in danger.

I checked it out and it's quite a big council estate in North London but no flat number was given in the order on Paypal so i wouldn't even know where to go :worried: i may give the local Domino's a call and see if they tell me something but i doubt they would disclose such information...

I hope so however i have lost a bit of faith in the police chasing things up, this is £47.95 not a lot of money in their eyes i think, my friends £3,000 motor cross bike was stolen and nothing was done about that but ill hope for the best, i expect that paypal will re fund it and then deal with finding the person themselves...

You may find that the people are ripping many accounts off so its not just £47.
My wifes car was broken into at a hotel recently along with 3 other cars. The police were great and has CSI out within the hour so I guess it depends on how busy they are but if you report a crime they have a duty to investigate. At least with this they have something to go on.

Ollie.

Change your email and password.

remove you credit card from the account and bank details.

Then do a full scan of your machine with a anti virus and a dedicated anti spyware program. Yes antivirus scans for spyware and vis versa but neither do it like a dedicated program.

If you have logged on from a public computer then it is very easy to see what you have done if you know what you are doing.

If you bank online most will offer free software

here is some of the best free ones
anti virus
bitdefender
AVG

Anti Spyware
Spyware terminator
malwarebytes

Ollie.

Change your email and password.

remove you credit card from the account and bank details.

Then do a full scan of your machine with a anti virus and a dedicated anti spyware program. Yes antivirus scans for spyware and vis versa but neither do it like a dedicated program.

If you have logged on from a public computer then it is very easy to see what you have done if you know what you are doing.

If you bank online most will offer free software

here is some of the best free ones
anti virus
bitdefender
AVG

Anti Spyware
Spyware terminator
malwarebytes

thanks a lot for taking your time to write that, i use a Mac, would this work with it? it looks like only Windows to me... cheers

No! they are for windows.

It is very unusual for a Mac to get infected but IT CAN!

COMODO is free iirc. I've not used it for a mac but there windows firewall is excellent!

Have you used it on public wifi? again if you know what you are doing you can see what is sent over wifi very easily.

It could be that or even if you have sold an old machine it will have traces of what data you have sent in the past.

Either way you also need to tell paypal and your bank car if it is linked to it.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
minimaxs1 Other Marques 30
EviLNeeDs General Chat 10
930Tech General Chat 11
BREENY BOY Clio General Chat 3
chowiekid Latest Technology 11