Pedals slippery when wet

Does anyone else find there pedals really slippery when there wet? My feet keep sliding off so just wondering if it's just me and if anyone knows where I can get grippier replacements

Pm Bon jovi. I'm quite glad the cup has rubber pedals but the metal looks better for a hot hatch. Bit of a trade off for style over comfort, depends what you are after I suppose.

I always drive with plimsoll style shoes, which have very little grip underneath, but when dry its almost tacky to metal so rarely slip off, I also never clean my pedals, even though they look a little grubby id rather that than slipping off.

Hi mate , I had this twice tonight my foot slipped of the clutch! Could be nasty when pulling away! @ matt w has a point in my case! Living in scotland we do get a lot of rain, so I should no better to have better footwear on while driving.

Does anyone else find there pedals really slippery when there wet? My feet keep sliding off so just wondering if it's just me and if anyone knows where I can get grippier replacements

Havent slipped of any of the pedals but have accidentially caught the accelerator pedal under some aftermarket bad fitting matts. LOL - got some stares bouning off the rev limiter..

Havent polished your pedals have you with cockpit shine?

I always drive with plimsoll style shoes, which have very little grip underneath, but when dry its almost tacky to metal so rarely slip off, I also never clean my pedals, even though they look a little grubby id rather that than slipping off.
+1 since I started driving I've always worn thin soled shoes/plimsolls. Can be an arse to constantly change to another pair when getting out the car though

One thing I learned is never the leave the hoops too big in your shoelaces... Learned this when having a spirited drive and pressing the accelarator the whole way down, shoelace hoop tied around the break pedal and both pedals were getting pressed at the same. Bit of a brown pants moment. :scared:

Haven't cleaned them with anything and it doesn't seem to be specific to a type of sole either i was thinking about removing them and spraying it with glue then spreading fine grit over it if no one knows of a replacement just for a bit more grip

Last edited: