Pilot Sport 4

petercronin

Paid Member
Has anybody heard much about this tyre or used them? I'm sure I heard somewhere that they were phasing out Pilot Super Sports in favour of these??

Looks like I've sort of answered my own question here, online help on Michelin's website:

chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Hello, I am Paul, your Michelin advisor. How may I help you?
chatEndUserMessage.png
You: Hello,
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Good afternoon.
chatEndUserMessage.png
You: I heard somewhere (I cant remember where) that you would be phasing out Pilot Super Sports in favour of Pilot Sport 4's, is that correct?
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Thank you for your question.
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Yes. Pilot Sport 4 is a development of Pilot Super Sport. However, at the moment Pilot Super Sport is still being produced
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Pilot Sport 4 is a new tyre from the beginning of this year and there will be more size releases during this year.
chatEndUserMessage.png
You: So does that mean Pilot Sport 4's are an improvement over Super Sports?
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Yes. It has technologies in common
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Longevity and fuel consumption has been improved.
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Would you like me to send you further information about Pilot Sport 4 per email?
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: May I please ask what vehicle so you drive?
chatEndUserMessage.png
You: Ok, thanks for your help. No thanks, I'm familiar with the Super Sports so if the PS4's are an improvement I think I'll buy some.
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: You are welcome. Can I recommend you a tyre dealer near to your place?
chatEndUserMessage.png
You: I think I'll be ok thanks, there's a place I normally use so I'll go there.
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: Excellent. May I help you with something else?
chatEndUserMessage.png
You: No thanks that was all. Thanks for your help.
chatAgent.png
MICHELIN – Paul: My pleasure.
Have a nice weekend.
Please help us to improve our service quality by giving your opinion on our conversation in 2 short questions at the end of this chat. To give your opinion please click on " Disconnect" and then "Close" . Thank you and goodbye!

Nice, i have a set of ps4 bought just over a month ago, slightly stiffer than the conti sc5 I had before, not much better tbh, but a bit nicer in the stiffer sidewall

Have heard only awesome things about these. For the cheaper price over Super Sports they are meant to be awesome. They also won I think it was Autocar's summer tyre of 2016 :smile: Ill be ordering 2 very soon for the front.