Powerflex Torque Mount

Hi all,

Has anyone had this happen to their Powerflex Torque Mount bush? It's only been on a week! I don't know who to go to, ECP who I bought it from or Powerflex themselves?

xrPItuA.jpg

These mounts must go through huge amounts of abuse lol! I'd email the person you bought it from mate to issue a return

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Just an update, Powerflex sent me out another one and I fitted it. Less than a week later it failed. I am going to take the bush out and check if there are any rough marks that could wear at it. Powerflex are going to send me out another one, so top customer service!

That's good of them on customer service. Very odd that both of them have failed though... Have they offered a possible explanation for it?

I spoke to their director and he is going to have a think what is causing it. I don't have a clue personally. It's just a spacer really, it has no part in the performance of the bush, it just stops it from moving. I am going to take it off in a minute and clean it all up.

Right, the new one snapped at the opposite end of the first one I had. I cannot see anything sharp that is touching it, apart from the bush itself. What I mean is that the part of the bush that holds the bush into the torque mount, the corners are firm and sharp. So when the engine moves up and down, it exerts a lot of stress and pressure on the two corners of the washer/spacer and that's why I think it snaps. It doesn't seem to snap in the middle, just on the corners.

Bush itself with what I think is causing the problem circled:
29105348371_e90c30179f_b.jpg

First one washer/spacer:
29105199501_a69a360f2e_b.jpg

Second washer/spacer:
29105199231_94e57b5746_b.jpg