200: Price reductions to the end.....

With the phase out of the 200 and introduction of the MK4, how far will Renault reduce the current 200?
I get daily emails offering £400+ ontop of any current promo's, just wondering how far Renault will go with offers before the end of the 200's life.

I don't think its anything to do with the end of the car, they have always been heavily discounted. There are just lots of silly people out there that don't ask and pay the full asking price. I got 2k off the price of mine last year, yet I know of two people who paid the full asking price which is just crazy.

When I was looking for mine Chesterfield Renault wouldn't give me any discount, the sales manager spun me some bollox that he could sell 200's everyday.

Within 4 hours I had put a deposit down with an internet broker who offered me a £2850 discount plus the £2000 I got using the scrapage scheme and I was well happy.

I visited Chesterfield Renault when I had the car about a week just to rub their noses in it that they had lost a sale.

Last edited:
i think the production run of 200 rs will be limited.....they wont be making many as the production line will switch to clio4 rs

as for prices - they will drop when clio4 rs comes out and any mk3 are left around :bat:

When I was looking for mine Chesterfield Renault wouldn't give me any discount, the sales manager spun me some bollox that he could sell 200's everyday.

Within 4 hours I had put a deposit down with an internet broker who offered me a £2850 discount plus the £2000 I got using the scrapage scheme and I was well happy.

I visited Chesterfield Renault when I had the car about a week just to rub their noses in it that they had lost a sale.

Father in law got his r26 from chesterfield Renault (Gordon lamb?) I think, he got it from £23,000 to £18,500 in 2 hours of haggling. Was 2008 tho...

Father in law got his r26 from chesterfield Renault (Gordon lamb?) I think, he got it from £23,000 to £18,500 in 2 hours of haggling. Was 2008 tho...

Result, worth 2 hours..I spent 10 mins and walked out.. Lol

You should be able to get a good deal on a car in the dealer system, but I doubt they will do anything too mega on something built to order.

Having said that I managed to haggle nearly 4 grand off mine about 18 months ago.

my RB7 (new from factory):

retail: € 27.900
first offer: € 23.900
final price: € 22.400

so that's € 5.500 discount on a brand new, limited edition 200

that speaks for itself, I guess.

I think the last of the 200's are going to hold their money well,

Last 3 door R.S, younger people don't want a 4 door car

It's in euros, makes it about £17.5k

Less than a silverstone.

Wow the euro is a lot worse than I was thinking! I paid £17.610 for mine as the cup spoiler cost £10 so that is a good deal for the rb version. Not a massive fan of the yellow bits but it sure is different.

Get some pictures up, I have only seen a video.

and that even includes ~12 % NoVA which is some funny tax that only exists in austria. so it's actually even cheaper.

I don't have the exact figures but the mine would be far cheaper if it wasn't for funny tax, Vat came in at around £4000, new car road tax £500, dropping the car to the dealership £500. All included in the on the road price but it does make you cringe when you read the cost break down. Would hate to live in Australia, £25k-£30k for a raider.:thumb1:

Similar Thread Suggestions