Private plates

Noticed on the DVLA the new 11 plates are on the site. Sale date 7th Dec. Was looking at GR11 EME, think its worth a buy at £399? Even if i cant put it on my clio it must have a decent resale price when the time comes??

Last edited:
Suppose it's pretty good, but considering you can't put it on your car is it worth it?

I want BE11 END

well GR58 EME is on sale at £2000, its something I can always keep or if I do get an offer then sell it. Its not like the CL10 CUP one which needs to go on a particular car.

ps. BE11 END is epic, buy it =D

I think retention is only £25 a year though, so not too bad. Good price for something that close to a name!

I think retention is only £25 a year though, so not too bad. Good price for something that close to a name!

the fee to retain - £105 for one year, £130 for two years or £155 for three years

Straight from directgov. Thought it was quite a lot as a pal of mine just put his on another car as it was cheaper.

well GR58 EME is on sale at £2000, its something I can always keep or if I do get an offer then sell it. Its not like the CL10 CUP one which needs to go on a particular car.

ps. BE11 END is epic, buy it =D

GR58 EME is a cracker! 2 big ones will seem a lot at the time but for something you'll keep all your life?

GR11 EME seems reasonable enough for the money but are you planning on getting a brand new car any time soon?

If I had the spare cash I would :tongueout:

The direct gov prices include the assignment fee, (£80) thats what you pay when you remove it from a car.

If you buy direct from the dvla, the assignment fee is included (as is the first years retention) so until you put it on a car, to just retain the plate you pay nothing for the first year, after that you pay the prices you just found less the £80 assignment fee as it has already been paid.

Hope this helps (and makes sense).

even if i didnt buy a new car for say 2-3 years ... its still good to have, and if i need to I could sell it and surely make a small profit.