Problems closing bonnet

stuey

Gold Member
Hi, I am having problems closing the bonnet on my new 200 Cup. The first few times were not a problem using the drop it from 12"/30cm method. During the week I went to check the oil, and now it wont shut using the standard method. The striker is just bouncing off the catch, and not closing. To make it close I have to lower it down onto the catch, then push the bonnet down to make it shut and lock. The mechanism looks ok, I have lubed it up a bit more with some white grease and it seems free. Not necessarily a problem, but I dont want it to do a flip job ala Clio 2. Is this a common issue, or just another crap bit on my car?

Never had problems myself and i assume they are using the same clip from the 197, maybe just take it back in just in case it goes ping when your bombing along the motorway.

I think the catch mechanism has moved down a bit, so the bonnet edge is too low. It is probably not catching the striker pin properly as a result. Going in on Friday to have a look, oh joy!

Just out of interest, can you lift up your wipers when the bonnet is down on your 200? As my wiper arms catch the bonnet on my 197 lol... bad design really unless its just mine.

na mines like that 2. has a paint chip where someone has obv tried 2 lift mine up b4. b interested to kno if its a problem theyve resolved on the 200 tho... stuey? lol
altho saying that my dads mk5 golf gti does it too... altho it has a park option for the wipers, where it moves them so theyre both up. damn clever vw's.

na mines like that 2. has a paint chip where someone has obv tried 2 lift mine up b4. b interested to kno if its a problem theyve resolved on the 200 tho... stuey? lol
altho saying that my dads mk5 golf gti does it too... altho it has a park option for the wipers, where it moves them so theyre both up. damn clever vw's.

That is pretty clever actually. Thats what i was thinking about whether the 200 has the same problem with the wipers.

Just out of interest, can you lift up your wipers when the bonnet is down on your 200? As my wiper arms catch the bonnet on my 197 lol... bad design really unless its just mine.

Nope, I dont think theres any angle of bonnet opening that lets you lift them up. They probably forgot about the wipers until late in the design, then thought sod it, that will do :001_rolleyes: